X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Megotu
    jerk
    • Dec 16, 2001

Wagons West!

Looks like the Megotu clan is headed West. And South. Just got the call from Houston. They have formally offered me a post as Senior 911 Telecom Fire/Medical. It is a little bit of a cut in pay, but not much. Comparable benefits. But...I don't have to pay the NYS Income Tax anymore and the cost of living is so much less...Especially housing. It might even be a pay raise when all is said and done. Yeah, Plano/Dallas was my first choice, but Houston is do-able. Might be hard to catch me for the next couple weeks/months...
    Just make sure that any big dramas get copied before they get cornfielded...I hate missing the dramas...
    sigpic
  • Megospidey
    Museum Webslinger
    • Jul 26, 2006

Yee-hawww! Get ready for the South!!

Are you from NY or somewhere else? If you've never lived in the South, you'll love it!! Well, most of it anyway.

The one thing you will ESPECIALLY love is the cost of living - so much less than in the North, West, or East.

Housing is less, taxes are generally less, eating out is less...just about everything costs less.

In the end, you will think you received a raise because you will spend less to live in Texas.

Congratulations! Glad to have ya!!!

Comment

• Megotu
      jerk
      • Dec 16, 2001

I am originally from the Dallas Area...having lived there for 30 years. I moved up here to Long Island in 98. So yeah, I am well aware of the difference in the costs of living difference. In college I rented a 2 bedroom house for 125 a month and that included the water! My rent now is 2000
      sigpic

Comment

• Comic Book Geek
        Stays Crunchy in Milk
        • Aug 2, 2004

I'd say it probably is a pay raise. 2,000 a month gets you a very nice house in the midwest. Don't know TX, but it's got to be cheeper. Is there a state tax in TX? I thought it might be like Florida.

Time to buy some wranglers a cowboy hat and boots. Yeehaw
        Evildoers tremble at the name... Aaron

Comment

• Comic Book Geek
          Stays Crunchy in Milk
          • Aug 2, 2004

Originally posted by Megotu
          Just make sure that any big dramas get copied before they get cornfielded...I hate missing the dramas...
          I just got into a fight in the old forum. I'll try to stir up another one when you get back
          Evildoers tremble at the name... Aaron

Comment

• Megotu
            jerk
            • Dec 16, 2001

What makes you think I ever got rid of my Wranglers, hat and boots? Actually that is a pretty good description of my common mode of dress. Except the hat is a little different. Imagine a life size Clark Kent hat, in black leather with a conchos on the hat band.
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎