X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lepage
    The Ape General
    • Aug 12, 2001

call of duty xbox vs xbox 360

Is call of duty 2 and 3 exactly the same for xbox 360 as it is for the reg xbox?

thanks

Dave
  • The Bat
    Batman Fanatic
    • Jul 14, 2002

No...not at all! COD2 on the 360 is THe best WW2 Game I've ever played! The regular Xbox version was ok...not great.

COD3....totally SUCK$! It wasn't made by Infinity Ward...and it shows. I traded it in 3 Days!
    sigpic

Comment

• lepage
      The Ape General
      • Aug 12, 2001

so cod2 for 360 is differant in missions as well or are you just talking about graphics quaility? Same with cod3?

Comment

• The Bat
        Batman Fanatic
        • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by lepage
        so cod2 for 360 is differant in missions as well or are you just talking about graphics quaility? Same with cod3?

Correct...different missions...not the same Game at all.
        sigpic

Comment

• lepage
          The Ape General
          • Aug 12, 2001

goes to show how lazy the guy at gamestop was. I asked him the same question and he said they are exactly the same only better graphics. Ok great so I will have to pick them up now. Wasnt call of duty 2 for xbox in fact The big red one?

The problem I am having is not being able to mentally keep track of all the games I have played. I have ended up buying the same game that way.

Comment

• The Bat
            Batman Fanatic
            • Jul 14, 2002

Ok great so I will have to pick them up now. Wasnt call of duty 2 for xbox in fact The big red one?

Correct again! I owned if for a little while...it wasn't too bad...but it was great either, so I traded it in. COD2(360) is probably My 2nd FAVORITE Campaign only to Halo:Combat Evolved....it TOTALLY ROCKS!! Of course...it's not fair to compare the two...as one is Si-Fi...and the other WW2. It's all what You prefer.
            sigpic

Comment

• lepage
              The Ape General
              • Aug 12, 2001

now I am wondering if there are other titles that share the same name between the two systems but are differant in game play!?

Comment

• Werewolf
                Inhuman
                • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by The Bat
                COD3....totally SUCK$! It wasn't made by Infinity Ward...and it shows. I traded it in 3 Days!
                I hated the unskippable cutscenes.
                You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• 4NDR01D
                  Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
                  • Jan 22, 2008

I liked cod2, AND cod3. I was sure they were the same game (missions etc) for both the original xbox and the 360 though. Can anybody else confirm what the Bat says?

Comment

• 4NDR01D
                    Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
                    • Jan 22, 2008

I just wiki'ed it and cannot confirm/deny what the Bat says, there WAS a different version for PC, but nothing mentioned about two different versions for xbox/xbox 360. I'm pretty darned sure they are the same game but better graphics on the 360, like the video store guy said. I'd find out for sure before buying doubles. And COD 4 kicks all their butts FYI!!

Comment

• The Bat
                      Batman Fanatic
                      • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by stretchandro
                      but nothing mentioned about two different versions for xbox/xbox 360. I'm pretty darned sure they are the same game but better graphics on the 360, like the video store guy said. I'd find out for sure before buying doubles.

Like I said...I've owned/played BOTH....they are different Games.
                      sigpic

Comment

• lepage
                        The Ape General
                        • Aug 12, 2001

well I went on to youtube which IMO is the greatest tool for seeing if a game is worth getting by watching in game play and I can clearly see they are very differant. I went ahead and snagged both versions up off the Bay.

I got a new game yesterday in the mail that i bought off the Bay History Channel's "War in the pacific" So far, I think it was a waist of money! I also got thier Civil War game and was so excited about this one but it too is prooving to be a big dissapointment.

I got COD 4 on my want list as well as RS Vegas 2. I played the first 2 Halos start to finish and am a big fan but have not gotten around to getting 3 yet.

Comment

• The Bat
                          Batman Fanatic
                          • Jul 14, 2002

well I went on to youtube which IMO is the greatest tool for seeing if a game is worth getting by watching in game play and I can clearly see they are very differant. I went ahead and snagged both versions up off the Bay.

I got a new game yesterday in the mail that i bought off the Bay History Channel's "War in the pacific" So far, I think it was a waist of money! I also got thier Civil War game and was so excited about this one but it too is prooving to be a big dissapointment.

I got COD 4 on my want list as well as RS Vegas 2. I played the first 2 Halos start to finish and am a big fan but have not gotten around to getting 3 yet.

Awesome Dave...You're gonna enjoy the heck out of the COD2 Campaign...and If You get on Xbox Live...send Me a Friend request CPT SHAW.

COD4 is a MUST OWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not only does it have a GREAT Campaign...but the online Multi-Player is THE BEST...bar none!
                          sigpic

Comment

• lepage
                            The Ape General
                            • Aug 12, 2001

well I got my copy of COD3 for the 360 in the mail yesterday and was dissapointed to see that it is indeed exactly the same game as the original version.
                            Its not an entire waist as I am playing it to keep me occupied until cod2 arrives which I hope is in fact differant.

It must be though, because watching the in game play on youtube, I see they were scaling the cliff sides at Normandy which I dont ever remember doing in any other game.

Bats, I bought the cheapest 360 (arcade) which doesnt have a hard drive so I am not sure if I can go live!? I am thinking about buying the hard drive which is $100 so I can play original xbox games on it and then sell my old system.
                            I have never played online. Is there a lot of other people in one game?

Comment

• The Bat
                              Batman Fanatic
                              • Jul 14, 2002

Yeah...COD3 sucked, it wasn't made by Infinity Ward.

You definately need a Harddrive Dave! As far as only Play...not many People playing COD2 anymore(except Me & My Friends in private Rooms). But COD4 is one of the MOST played Games on Xlive...no trouble getting a Game at all!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎