X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

Mark Waid's Flash

I'm actually hoping that Waid isn't going back to writing Wally (I know they are going back to Wally's old numbering) and opts to write about Bart or even Barry Allan instead. We'd seen Waid take Wally as far as he could, I'm looking for something new and different. Wally as a husband and father seems far less compelling than Bart struggling to uphold the legacy of the Flash that Jay, his grandfather and cousin have passed onto him. Particularly since Bart has always been a bit of a F&*%-up.

On the other hand, given the fact that it's Flash that tends to have the ability to traverse the worlds of the multiverse, perhaps this is the direction the title is going given the fact that it also spins out of the current JLA/JSA/Legion crossover?

My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!
  • jwyblejr
    galactic yo-yo
    • Apr 6, 2006

If it's in Mark Waid's hands,I wouldn't worry too much. Look at what he was able to do with both Wally and Bart. Heck,I may start reading the title again.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

I honestly wouldn't mind if Barry did return now. Things are so tupsy-turvy in the DCU I could buy him somehow coming back. Just don't kill either Wally or Bart. And please replace Bart. Let it be Barry or Wally.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• samurainoir
        Eloquent Member
        • Dec 26, 2006

Since he created Bart, I don't really expect Waid to kill Bart, but I am curious why they are going back to the old numbering.

Given the fact that Bart is as big a space/time anamoly as Jason Todd and Donna Troy, I'm curious why he isn't being hunted by Monitors in the pages of Countdown or slated to join the Challengers of the Beyond.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

This from today's Lying in the Gutters column:

"BACK IN RED

On Friday, Dan Didio announced that Mark Waid was writing "Flash." On Monday, LITG announces that it stars Wally West and that his family are back, too."

Johnston isn't always right, but if it's so, that's fine by me. Between the three I'd take Wally first, Barry second, and Bart third. But why oh why did they put us through Bart as Flash if it wasn't going to last?

And I hope Linda and the twins are back for good too. I can't even think of a current Super Hero dad with young uns.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• samurainoir
            Eloquent Member
            • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
            I can't even think of a current Super Hero dad with young uns.
            Buddy Baker.

Recently his familial relationships were revisited in the pges of 52 and the upcoming Countdown to Adventure.

Batman and Superman both have acquired sons as well, and Black Canary has adopted a daughter.

I personally think it's a mistake to saddle so many of the icons with kids... it's the same mistake they had when they made Spiderman a Dad.

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

And I hope Linda and the twins are back for good too. I can't even think of a current Super Hero dad with young uns.

Chris
              The biggest one, Reed Richards.
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

Yeah, I knew Reed of course. And Batman has his Daimian...unfortunately. Supes has Christopher if that storyline ever ends. Animal Man did slip my mind.

Okay, how about this: Not too many heroes with monthly, ongoing titles, have a normal family. I don't count Sue and Franklin (and don't they have a daughter now too?) as normal.

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

^^ How normal do you expect a Super Hero's life to be?
                  You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Customslab

flash is one of the all time greats will see how its done

Comment

• samurainoir
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Dec 26, 2006

Yeah, I knew Reed of course. And Batman has his Daimian...unfortunately. Supes has Christopher if that storyline ever ends. Animal Man did slip my mind.

Okay, how about this: Not too many heroes with monthly, ongoing titles, have a normal family. I don't count Sue and Franklin (and don't they have a daughter now too?) as normal.

Chris
                      For me, Grant Morrison did the Superhero with a family thing so well, and took it to places that you couldn't with any other character. It's hard to see any other writer being able to top the challenges that Buddy and his wife and kids went through in his ongoing series.

Valeria is the daughter of Sue and Reed, and the number of ret-cons and time-travel/alternate universe summersaults we are forced to go through to comprehend her existance makes Cable and Rachel Summers heads explode. The short cut would be to say that she is the baby that was conceived in the negative zone and whom Sue later miscarried during John Byrne's run on the title.

Whatever happened to Johnny Storm's Skrull wife and kid BTW? Given what happened to Elektra in the latest New Avengers, everyone should be looking back to that one for answers.

Comment

• Sandlantern
                        Museum Super Collector
                        • Jul 7, 2005

Sorry, call me when they bring Barry Allen back as The Flash.

Nothing against Wally, Waid's writing, or Bart for that matter, just not interested.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎