X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

Superhero Prose Novels

What are some of your favourite Superhero (NOT Graphic) Novels? There is something about the nature of well written prose that can help you get inside a character's head in a way that surpasses the comics medium.

I still think of Elliot S! Maggin's Superman Last Son of Krypton and Superman Miracle Monday as the most iconic depictions of Luthor and Superman for me.

He also did a great job on the Kindom Come Novelization.

I loved Fantastic Four: Doomsday. For me, this is the ultimate Doom storyline.

What was neat about Peter David's prose Hulk stories was the way it "fit" into the continuity he built in the Hulk comic and specials projects such as Hulk: Future Imperfect and Hulk: The End.
    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!
  • megoscott
    Founding Partner
    • Nov 17, 2006

Miracle Monday was a really influential book for me as a teenager. It made Superman more than a comic book hero and put it in the mythological spiritual realm that really resonated with me and carried through into Kingdom Come type interpretations of Superman. This was all then ruined for me in the Superman Returns movie but that's another thread.

I also had a collection of Batman short stories than came out around the time of the 89 movie that i really liked. There was one with some very chilling images of the Joker that I vividly recall.
    This profile is no longer active.

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎