Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Battery Port in Ensueño Mego, whats it for?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MegoNinja
    Career Member
    • Feb 7, 2007

Battery Port in Ensueño Mego, whats it for?

Hello everyone,

I own a 13inch ensueño spidey and I was wondering what batteries are meant to make him do. I am too scared to put batteries in him as the battery port is cheaply made and the batteries barely fit in it and I dont want to brake it.

Does he's head light up or something? Any help would be appreciated.

thanks
    I the Monster Hero
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

They apparently "Fly" I never ascertained how this is achieved and haven't ever put batteries in there. Perhaps somebody here has had some experience with this action.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• vintage spideyfan
      Web Wobbler
      • May 12, 2007

I too own an ensueno spidey, but mine has had his battery port removed. Do all of these enueno figures have the same "flying" action or is the style of action unique to each character? I am definitely curious myself...

Last edited by vintage spideyfan; Jun 18, '07, 9:49 AM.
      Looking for MOC Pocket Super Heroes...
      Good Trader List

Comment

• Hulk
        Mayor of Megoville
        • May 10, 2003

That is kind of scary. I don't even want to know what they filled that battery port with. Maybe his Spidersense is battery operated.

Comment

• jayihdz
          aaaggghhhh!
          • Mar 6, 2007

Spiderman and Superman by ensueno used to fly, the batteries were used to activated an small motor on one of the legs. Just like the new flying Justice Leaguers.

Comment

• vintage spideyfan
            Web Wobbler
            • May 12, 2007

Originally posted by Hulk
            That is kind of scary. I don't even want to know what they filled that battery port with. Maybe his Spidersense is battery operated.
            Yeah, he's filled with cotton. Kind of a bummer.

Spiderman and Superman by ensueno used to fly, the batteries were used to activated an small motor on one of the legs. Just like the new flying Justice Leaguers.
            Today 12:44 PM
            Thanks for the info!!
            Looking for MOC Pocket Super Heroes...
            Good Trader List

Comment

• Intertoys
              • Jun 15, 2007

Ensueño Spiderman

Dear MegoNinja:

That is correct my friend, this Figures were able to fly with a small motor on the leg. If you want to make it fly again follow these steps:

1.- Buy one with motor on it´s leg (if you just see a hole on the bottom of the boot you don´t have one) or buy a new motor (the motor is the same used for Slot Cars -Scalectrix-).

2.- If you have a motor and when you put the batteries in doesn´t happen anything, then:
              a) Check moving the bronze switch on the back from right to left (you should have one if not we will disscuss it later) or viceversa until it works.
              b).- Or Remove the boot and verify that the motor has two small cables attached (each pole must have one) Ensueño used s red and a blue wire all the time. If one is loose attach it manualy or with a small welder. Before putting everything inside, this would be a good moment to test the motor again with a regular battery. If it doesn´t work here, the wire is not well attached on one side (or both) or the motor may need replacement.

3)As you may noticed by now, the motor operates with a big simplicity trough a circuit that goes from the motor to the batteries using the red wire and then goes to the motor again using the blue wire. The switch, when its moved just cut this circuit. Knowing that simplicity if you are still having problems get an electrician.

4) The propeler is always lost, so if you arrived to this far, get one from this new flying toys and put it in the motor. Please notice that bellow the batteries on the back, the figure has a place to be hanged by, so you know the rest to make it fly! (Note: Batman and Superman needs an small hole on the cape to perform their flying.)

I hope this works to you.

Regards

Antonio

Comment

• Meule
                Verbose Member
                • Nov 14, 2004

Flying Megos with a motor on the leg? Is there a commercial or another video of this available somewhere? I can't imagine what this looks like, but I'd love to see it
                "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Blackkryptonite
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jun 28, 2006

Fly? How, with some sort of anti gravity motor?

Comment

• jayihdz
                    aaaggghhhh!
                    • Mar 6, 2007

Originally posted by Blackkryptonite
                    Fly? How, with some sort of anti gravity motor?
                    More like a string and a nail on the ceiling.....lol

Comment

• ozcollector1992
                      Longtime Oz Collector
                      • Oct 13, 2006

Like the bats and wwitches that spin in circles that you can get during halloween???
                      Your powers on Earth may seem extraordinary, Kal-El, but we are not gods. - Jor-El (Smallville Season 5)

Comment

• MegoNinja
                        Career Member
                        • Feb 7, 2007

this is awesome I cant wait to try mine out, knowing my luck and considering it was 'made in mexico' I can almost bet that it is broken, actually just checking mine now, there is no motor but there is also no 'hole at the bottom of his boot' there is nothing, it's just like a normal boot.

Could I get some help on this (oh and thanks for all the help already guys), I would love to buy a new motor.
                        Last edited by MegoNinja; Jun 18, '07, 8:25 PM.
                        I the Monster Hero

Comment

• Intertoys
                          • Jun 15, 2007

Mine works and is made in Mexico too.

Regards

The Mexican

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢