X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tothiro
    Kitten Mittens
    • Aug 28, 2008

Fungus Man

This was my last Sculpey project before switching over to Wax, it's a fungus man drawn from a Hellboy short
    (inspired by a William Hope Hodgson story that also inspired Toho's 70's film Matango). It's Mego scale, but obviously a fixed sculpt.
    I originally thought when I recast it I might break it down and make a version with articulated arms.
    Of course now it looks more interesting to make it with a solid hollow plastic core and the outer skin in a colored flexible rubber.
    It'll be an interesting challenge - especially if I can cast it with wired, flexible arms. I'd like to add a wire set-up to my HB's Tail too (currently cast in foam)

Last edited by Tothiro; Sep 1, '08, 5:11 AM.
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

I was hoping that's what this was going to be when I saw the title. I did HB's tail with sculpey bend and flex over a waire to get the posability. Its worked well, and held up for a couple years now.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• GreenLantern9999
      GL of Mego Sector
      • Oct 8, 2007

Man oh man is that fine looking. You do a heck of a good job with your sculpting my friend.
      No body takes pot shots at Lubic! Good Journey

Comment

• Meule
        Verbose Member
        • Nov 14, 2004

Cool sculpt for sure
        "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎