X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dave Mc
    Administrator
    • Oct 20, 2002

CustoMego Special Feature- Doc Mego Interview

Several people have asked when we would do a feature on Doc Mego. It's taken several months, but here it is! Come get to know Paul Clarke and get a peek at the beginnings of custom and reproduction parts as we now know them.

Last edited by ABMAC; Jun 17, '07, 9:05 PM.
  • Customslab

very nice dave and paul

Comment

• megojim
      Permanent Member
      • Oct 13, 2001

Awsome article Dave, thanks for sharing Paul and best of luck with the new endeavors!
      -jim
      My Custom Figures

1 Corinthians 9:24 - Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win!

Comment

• bagmonster
        Registered Lurker
        • Apr 13, 2002

Awesome. Great guy!

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
          MeGoing
          • May 14, 2003

Thanks Paul (and Dave) I found that really interesting. I remember years and years ago, being so excited to find your site Paul, only to find that you didn't ship overseas and being so disappointed. Glad things have changed these days! Looking forward to seeing your new stuff and I wish you the best with it.

Comment

• Hulk
            Mayor of Megoville
            • May 10, 2003

Good read, thanks to Paul for doing it, and Dave for putting it together.

Comment

• Meule
              Verbose Member
              • Nov 14, 2004

Great interview Dave, a real pleasure to read.
              And to thanks for everything you've done for the community, Paul. And opening a package from you really is like opening a present on Christmas Day
              And I'm looking forward to the new Star Trek figures (aren't we all?) and the Night of the Living Dead series. Anything that involves James Brady is gonna kick major ***
              "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

Cool read! Thanks guys.
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• The Bat
                  Batman Fanatic
                  • Jul 14, 2002

That was GREAT Dave, thanks! I knew I didn't imagine hearing some where, that James Brady would be sculpting future Star Trek Mego's for Him...YaHoo!!!!!
                  sigpic

Comment

• roman
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jan 25, 2003

That is a an awsome interview. Never met him but the Doc seems like an impressive guy. Incredible how he could turn his undieing love for a childhood hobby into something more.

Although my folks have turned a raised eyebrow to this hobby of mine I'll not foregt the time I bought the black repro batman stuff from Paul. I put him together on a mego body with a mego batsuit and even my folks were impressed. I thought he looked better than the original.

I often check the " shop" in hopes of some new goodies

Comment

• The Sentry
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jun 3, 2007

Lemme tell ya, Doc Mego could have let me go home empty-handed(he showed up late for the meet and greet and didn't wanna sell anything and I had to go home on the second day with no way of getting back to Wheeling), but he didn't now my Batman, Robin, customs Sentry, and Bruce Banner have alot to thank that awesome fella over!

Great article, he shure as hell showed everyone that being a geek can be a very profitable thing, not just for yourself but everyone else!

The part when he had to give his Megos away killed me. I would cry if I had to do something like that. My Sister threw away alot of my stuff and Joe, Doc, Hulk and Doc Mego made things all better in the land of Leedom!

I'll give another thanks for sharing the article.
                      sigpic
                      http://facebook.com/Lee.Harrah.99
                      https://www.facebook.com/pages/HARRA...755356&sk=info
                      [url]https://www.reverbnation.com/harrah99?profile_view_source=header_icon_nav[url]

Comment

• vman
                        Veteran Member
                        • Nov 26, 2006

Awsome interview Dave and Paul. It really hit home.
                        - Bill

Comment

• critter2
                          Persistent Member
                          • Dec 2, 2005

Thanks for the great read guys. That was one of the best intervues I've read here!

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎