X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

Howabout a reverse Cheron as a variant?

Howabout it? It'd be a cool variant we'd all take.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks
  • Hotfoot
    Dazed and Confused
    • Dec 30, 2007

Black on the Left & White on the right is Lokai
    White on the Left and Black on the Right is Bele

Cheron is the planet they were from, the population was wiped out by a great racial war.

Who played Bele?
    Last edited by Hotfoot; Aug 31, '08, 6:04 PM.
    Too many toys. Not enough space!

Comment

• GSPUSA
      General Patton
      • Apr 9, 2005

Frank Gorshin who also played The Riddler.
      It

Comment

• Hotfoot
        Dazed and Confused
        • Dec 30, 2007

Great episode and a great actor!
        Too many toys. Not enough space!

Comment

• monkey tennis
          "Kiss my face."
          • Jun 8, 2007

Originally posted by thunderbolt
          Howabout it? It'd be a cool variant we'd all take.
          Cool idea.....think i'll hold my Cheron by a mirror to get a cheap effect.
          "I've just bought a house. It's got a Buck Rogers Toilet. One yank, all gone!"

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
            Often invisible
            • Jul 18, 2002

I would rather see a show accurate Cheron. Why not a nice Frank Gorshin version?
            Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• apes3978
              Permanent Member
              • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
              I would rather see a show accurate Cheron. Why not a nice Frank Gorshin version?
              Isn't there a FG resin "Riddler" cast out there? If there is, you could always get that and paint him up correctly... But, one good thing with both of those guys, with their black and white coloring you have more choices as to which resin head you use because their coloring does distract from their actual features, making a lot of available castings "passable" as Lokai or Bele...

But whoever you'd end up using, at least it wouldn't be poor Virdon... Ron Harper wasn't cut out to be from the planet Cheron...

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

I'd rather just see the Cheron figure reversed. Its what Mego would have done. And I know they had names and the planet was Cheronand all that.
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Mikey
                  Verbose Member
                  • Aug 9, 2001

A reverse Cheron would be interesting as a variant, but the making of it would probably hold up production on a new figure to some degree.
                  I'd rather see the most new figures possible before CBS pulls the plug on the whole line.

Comment

• blastphemey
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jun 11, 2008

i just got an andor and he had 2 left gloves on, hows that for a variant...

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                      Invincible Ironing Man
                      • Feb 28, 2008

Well, If they made a "correct Frank Gorshin" version, the whole outfit would have to be grey, not B/W, minus the "hood" over his head.
                      I myself had also thought about the reverse Cheron, I'd still go with that. And how about the body itself? If the outfit stretches a bit, you see the all-black body.
                      My "old" Cheron had a custom chest paintjob, to make for a perfect B/W divider...
                      "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                        Invincible Ironing Man
                        • Feb 28, 2008

Originally posted by type1kirk
                        I'd rather see the most new figures possible before CBS pulls the plug on the whole line.
                        Hmmm. Do you have inside info?
                        "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• spotter
                          Veteran Member
                          • Apr 6, 2008

I had posted something similar a while back I would have liked to see the one released be reversed but now that the standard version is coming i agree with Type 1 that I would rather have newer stuff than a reversal of the mego Cheron at this point;

the reversed Cheron has the advantage of not needing tooling - simply reverse the color injected into the roto mold and there you go

Show accurate uniform sets would be AWSOME - IMO and also wouldn't require Tooling to be created
                          klingon w/ tribbles; Romulan Commander, & Apple green captains shirt, Engineer uniforms would be at top of my list
                          Looking for t1 LIZARD

Comment

• Mikey
                            Verbose Member
                            • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by Gorn Captain
                            Hmmm. Do you have inside info?
                            Not at all,
                            I'm just looking at this from a historical stand-point.
                            Most action figure toy lines slowly plummet in sales as the line progresses.
                            It's just a fact.
                            Eventually this will happen to this line and when it does, CBS will say -- that's enough-- and pull the plug.

That's why I always wish for the best of the best of the figures to be made right NOW.
                            Because, there may be no tomorrow.

Comment

• jds1911a1
                              Alan Scott is the best GL
                              • Aug 8, 2007

Originally posted by spotter
                              I had posted something similar a while back I would have liked to see the one released be reversed but now that the standard version is coming i agree with Type 1 that I would rather have newer stuff than a reversal of the mego Cheron at this point;

the reversed Cheron has the advantage of not needing tooling - simply reverse the color injected into the roto mold and there you go

Show accurate uniform sets would be AWSOME - IMO and also wouldn't require Tooling to be created
                              klingon w/ tribbles; Romulan Commander, & Apple green captains shirt, Engineer uniforms would be at top of my list
                              I agree

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎