X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Star Trek Communications Console Commercial

Added another Commercial from the new batch recently transferred by our own Dave Mc. This time it's the Star Trek Communications console, look out for the cameo by Mego Kirk and Spock. Enjoy.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop
  • rchatlin
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 24, 2001

Brain,
    that's another great looking high quality transfer from Dave - so much better than the one currently floating around.

I remember this toy being available as late as 1984-85 at the Circus World toy stores in Michigan. The same store (in the Tel-Twelve Mall in Southfield) where my dad bought be my first Action Jackson at a moonlight madness sale.

r
    o
    b

Comment

• megoscott
      Founding Partner
      • Nov 17, 2006

That looks so great! I didn't realize you were puting together a whole DVD package. That's great work, guys.
      I love how the 8 inch figures are posed on the shelf, and man, those kids are intense about their play. Love it.
      This profile is no longer active.

Comment

• Flynne
        Permanent Member
        • Jan 22, 2003

I found a couple of those old 16MM reels on eBay last month - DinahMite and Lanie. I transferred them to DVD, but they had some pinking due to age that I probably didn't properly color correct for, though they came out clear and the audio is still sharp. Dave has them now (they're in one of the raffle lots for MegoMeet), and I included a copy of the DVD I made with it. I'm no professional, so Dave might be able to do a better job if he is so inclinded.

Brian - I posted your copy the same day, so it hopefully will reach you soon.
        An old Irish Blessing - "May those who love us, love us; and if they do not love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He does not turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, that we may know them by their limping"

Comment

• HardyGirl
          Mego Museum's Poster Girl
          • Apr 3, 2007

I have the extended version of that commercial. I love that over-acting!
          "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
          'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
          Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
          If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• BubbleGumFink
            Museum Super Collector
            • Jun 16, 2006

That was thouroughly enjoyable, thanks!

Comment

Working...
            😀