Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nordox
    • Dec 22, 2007

Star Trek (EMCE Figures for New Movie)

Does anyone think that we have a chance of seeing EMCE Star Trek figures based on the new Star Trek film coming out in May?
  • apes3978
    Permanent Member
    • Nov 19, 2005

I can't see them doing any figures from the new film, especially since they're not even done reissuing the original MEGO ST figures...

Comment

• blastphemey
      Persistent Member
      • Jun 11, 2008

i was actua;lly about that myself but yeah like you said(^^^) they are even finished with the cklassic ones.. and does anyone know who is going to be with neptuian

Comment

• NewForce
        Persistent Member
        • Apr 5, 2008

Playmates Toys acutally has the license for all Movie related figures, so EMCE can't make them (I am sure Paul can confirm this)

Comment

• Iron_fox85
          Veteran Member
          • Feb 14, 2008

its true! playmates will make role play toys, vehecles, 3inch figures, play sets,6inch figures, and 9inch figures.

or so i heard--playmates is already plotting so we'll get good toys (for those who would buy them besides the kids!) basicly i see this as a chance for any male father to get theyre kid into startrek further with all the products and such

plus 9inch figures...wow. not exactly 8inch but close to it.

In June Of 1938 A Hero Is Born...

Comment

• Mikey
            Verbose Member
            • Aug 9, 2001

I can't see EMCE doing the new movie.
            Here's my reasons .....

1. The "retro" look of the EMCE figures are geared to appeal to older Gen-x'ers ---aka us old farts.. The "revived" movie is going to be made to try and reboot the franchise -- which means everything to do with it will be modern to appeal to today's younger audiences.

2. If the movie is a big hit (which I don't think it will be) I don't think EMCE will be able to handle the demand of figures needed... EMCE is a great company, but it seems to me it's too "mom and pop" to handle producing figures in that quanity.

3. The Mego style figures are just too expensive and too nice for today's consumer... Today's consumer needs cheap junk in quanity ...

Comment

• The Bat
              Batman Fanatic
              • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by Iron_fox85

Hmm.....more Heads to shrink!!!
              sigpic

Comment

• spotter
                Veteran Member
                • Apr 6, 2008

Originally posted by swoyerjay
                i was actually about that myself but yeah like you said(^^^) they are even finished with the classic ones.. and does anyone know who is going to be with neptuian
                While nothing is guaranteed Paul has indicated he has no love for our fishy friend. that when combuined with the high demand for a general release Khan, uniform sets and other first time figures leads to me thinking that the Neptunian is low on his priority list.

If you try you can get him in nice shape on ebay for under $25 delivered in USA.
                Looking for t1 LIZARD

Comment

• apes3978
                  Permanent Member
                  • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by spotter
                  While nothing is guaranteed Paul has indicated he has no love for our fishy friend. That when combined with the high demand for a general release Khan, uniform sets and other first time figures leads to me thinking that the Neptunian is low on his priority list.
                  I guess I never seen the hate for the Neptunian... While I don't collect the TREK line ("yet" anway), I always thought it was cool that the TREK line had an original figure... It's not like he's an inaccurately executed figure like the Gorn, Mugato, etc. He had nothing to live up to, so there's nothing to say "If only they did it this way..."

Comment

• Tothiro
                    Kitten Mittens
                    • Aug 28, 2008

Originally posted by apes3978
                    I guess I never seen the hate for the Neptunian...
                    Ok. I'll admit it. I love the (colloquial phrase for offspring of unmarried partners edited for content). That's right. L-o-v-e. We're getting married next fall (is that even legal, or do human-reptile relationships have to take it to Canada?).

I had always thought the line was heavily cartoon influenced, and Neppie (our pet name) fit right in with that. It's everything that is great about everything that is horrible about Mego.
                    It should be stated that I also have a bunch of Star Raiders. I have no great affection for Talos though - I do have some standards.
                    Last edited by Tothiro; Sep 7, '08, 2:09 AM.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Iron_fox85
                      its true! playmates will make role play toys, vehecles, 3inch figures, play sets,6inch figures, and 9inch figures.

or so i heard--playmates is already plotting so we'll get good toys (for those who would buy them besides the kids!) basicly i see this as a chance for any male father to get theyre kid into startrek further with all the products and such

Here's to hoping Playmates uses a better body for the 9 inch this time around.
                      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• The Bat
                        Batman Fanatic
                        • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by spotter
                        While nothing is guaranteed Paul has indicated he has no love for our fishy friend. that when combuined with the high demand for a general release Khan, uniform sets and other first time figures leads to me thinking that the Neptunian is low on his priority list.

May be true...but Paul has also stated that Diamond has a BIG part in deciding on what Figures get made. If Diamond wants the Neptunian...then You'll see Him get made(and I hope they do...because I LIKE Him!).
                        sigpic

Comment

• mars396
                          Museum Super Collector
                          • Sep 14, 2007

I would buy an EMCE Neptunian
                          Last edited by mars396; Sep 7, '08, 9:47 AM.

Comment

• mars396
                            Museum Super Collector
                            • Sep 14, 2007

Originally posted by Tothiro
                            Ok. I'll admit it. I love the (colloquial phrase for offspring of unmarried partners edited for content). That's right. L-o-v-e. We're getting married next fall (is that even legal, or do human-reptile relationships have to take it to Canada?).

I had always thought the line was heavily cartoon influenced, and Neppie (our pet name) fit right in with that. It's everything that is great about everything that is horrible about Mego.
                            It should be stated that I also have a bunch of Star Raiders. I have no great affection for Talos though - I do have some standards.

I never had any interest in the Neptunian as a kid. My next door neighbor had one, so I never saw a need to have one. Cool figure, but never part of my Star Trek display. When I got an EMCE Keeper, I got a renewed interest in the "wacky" aliens, with the Neptunian as my new favorite. With a Cheron and Mugato coming, and no prospects of a Mego-accurate Gorn nor a Neptunian, I ebayed a Klingon outfit for my brown Lizard Gorn, and got a Neptunian from here in the Marketplace. Interesting that once I got Romulan and Andorian (my Grails), I suddenly had interest in the inaccurate aliens. But I too still have no interest in acquiring Talos. At all.

Comment

• Tothiro
                              Kitten Mittens
                              • Aug 28, 2008

Originally posted by mars396
                              But I too still have no interest in acquiring Talos. At all.
                              Yeah. He's the Mr. Mxyzptlk of the Trek universe.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎