• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Merlyn1976
    Fist of Khonshu
    • Mar 29, 2005

Toy recall - Thomas the train

Company Issues Recall on Thomas the Train Toys

TALLAHASSEE, FL (AP) -- A warning about a popular toy that could pose a lead poisoning hazard to children. The Consumer Product Safety Commission, along with toy importer RC2 Corporation, has announced a voluntary recall on some Thomas the Train toys.

The toys in question contain lead in the surface paint. The lead can be toxic and pose a health risk if ingested by children. The items include various Thomas and Friends Wood Railway Toys.

The Florida Department Agriculture and Consumer Services is urging you to check to see if your child is playing with the toys in question.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/money/...?storyid=84393
    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"

In the Southeast Pacific, lies the sunken city of R'Leyh. There lies C'thulhu waits to return to our world with the other Great Old Ones. A hideous creature of enormous size and alien power, it waits for it's time to return patiently. For it has all the time in the world while it waits for the stars.

• toys2cool
    Ultimate Mego Warrior
    • Nov 27, 2006

wow my baby nephew loves these things and I always buy hi this crap.I have to call my sister now,thanx for the heads up
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• ABMAC
      User
      • May 16, 2002

Dammit, I was just sucking on one of those stop signs. Now I can only remember forty-six of the state capitals.

Comment

• Evel KMego
        Museum Daredevil
        • Apr 26, 2006

My son loves Thomas and has tons of the smaller die-cast ones. However, we checked on it and only the larger wooden ones are suspect. If you have the wooden ones definitely take the recall serious.

Comment

• Meule
          Verbose Member
          • Nov 14, 2004

What did you expect with a name like that?
          "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Adam West
            Museum CPA
            • Apr 14, 2003

My kids have outgrown Thomas the tank engine so any lead has already been long ingested.

I saw the recall on the news the other day and thought about going out and buying some of the recalled ones before they get yanked from the shelves.
            "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
            ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• Godzilla
              Permanent Member
              • Nov 3, 2002

Crap. We had 2 of those. Thanks for the post.
              Mortui Vivos Docent
              The Dead Teach the Living

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎