• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Raydeen1
    Persistent Member
    • May 23, 2008

Holy padded shipping Batman!

OK,

So Canadian orders fall under International at CTVT. Minimum order for me was $25.00. Fine. So I go back and order $26.00 worth of goodies. Shipping to Canada, although I'm not sure why, is $15.00. Fine. I can deal with that although it seems like a bit much for what I ordered.

Package shows up today with $5.71 as the shipping cost. ***??????????????

NO, and I mean NO packaging. No bubble wrap, no peanuts, no foam, NOTHING. Handling fee? For what? Pulling the figures out of stock and dropping them haphazardly in a box?

Now trust me, I do NOT mind paying FAIR shipping but 4 times what it actually cost?????? Oh HELL NO!

I'm going to email them right now and find out what's up.

What have your experiences with CTVT been like?
  • BlackKnight
    The DarkSide Customizer
    • Apr 16, 2005

While shipping with USPS ... I have found it it cheaper to ship to Canada,.. for me anyways.... Because in the States,.. I use Priority, with a Delivery Comp... Those features are not Avalible while shipping to Canada. & ... ultimately I guess one runs the risk of their parciles getting lost... just my take.
    ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• livnxxxl
      Megoholic RocketScientist
      • Oct 23, 2007

My experiences with doing business with CTVT has been great each time (so far knock on wood) Keeping in mind of course I am within the USA so I have not had the shipping issue such as yourself. Other wise I have received my orders very FAST without any issues. Just the way a business should be ran.
      Enjoy what you like, and let others enjoy what they like. (C) Azrak 2009

Too much space. Need more toys!

Check out the ever growing Mego like sized vehicles data base.

Comment

• Raydeen1
        Persistent Member
        • May 23, 2008

I have no issue with anything. The parts all seem fine. The 3 Merry Men figures all seem fine. Arrived in a little more than a week.... but the shipping cost I was charged is nowhere near the actual cost and I feel ripped off.

Comment

• livnxxxl
          • Oct 23, 2007

Originally posted by Raydeen1
          I have no issue with anything. The parts all seem fine. The 3 Merry Men figures all seem fine. Arrived in a little more than a week.... but the shipping cost I was charged is nowhere near the actual cost and I feel ripped off.
          I know what you mean about paying a higher price on shipping than what it should have cost you. Hopefully you will get this issue resolved with CTVT soon. Please keep us in the loop as to how things go with their customer service as I have never had to deal with them so far and hopefully will not have to. Good luck!

Comment

• txteach
            Banned
            • Jun 17, 2005

I have always had good packing and shipping with them.

Comment

• palitoy
              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
              • Jun 16, 2001

Complain to them, I have had problems with CTVT/Figures for the last 15 years, they always over charge Canadians. One thing they will do if you call them on it, is offer some sort of credit/refund.
              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• david_b
                Never had enough toys..
                • May 9, 2008

Never bought from CTVT, only from folks here and eBay. $15 for shipping..? That's just criminal.

For domestic shipping I've only charged $5.00 (unless it's the weight of a brick or something..) ~ Canadian shipping..? $7.00 at most.

And that's painfully fair..: $2 or so for the mailing envelope/box, $2.50 for actual shipping charges. I'm only breaking even, sometimes not even that.

Overseas, I get the country code, have it weighed, and charge only exact shipping charges. I used to provide a partial refund via PayPal if my shipping charges were too much, but it's been easier just to get the exact charge and invoice them afterwards.
                Peace.. Through Superior Firepower.

Comment

• ctc
                  Fear the monkeybat!
                  • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

I've seen a few folks who've had high rates like that. I think they use a flat rate for shipping. I've ordered a couple times from them, but I've made fairly large orders and were charged about the same as you for my stuff.

Don C.

Comment

• Raydeen1
                    Persistent Member
                    • May 23, 2008

Don, what's dumb is, had they mentioned the TRUE shipping cost, I would've made a larger order to justify the shipping charge! They would have made MORE than the 15 extra bucks they got from padding the shipping. There are tons of repro items I could have used. Custom fodder by the buckets plus maybe a few knights and who knows what else.

I've sent them 2 emails.

Below is their first reply:
                    "$20.00 is our minimum shipping charge outside of the USA"

That's it.

And the fact is, it was $15.00 when I made the order!

I just wrote a much more INVOLVED email. I'll keep everyone posted.

Originally posted by ctc
                    Hmmmm....

I've seen a few folks who've had high rates like that. I think they use a flat rate for shipping. I've ordered a couple times from them, but I've made fairly large orders and were charged about the same as you for my stuff.

Don C.

Comment

• sauce
                      Removed
                      • Jun 24, 2007

yeah, I noticed this overcharging with them too, and I'm in california, so it should be no problem. But it seems that their computer system does not automatically take into consideration multiple purchases. So, I would buy a bunch of items and each one had a shipping charge. The first time I was very angry. The second time, I pre-empted the problem by talking to them via email and just giving my estimate of what the shipping should be and then worked it out like that.

Comment

• livnxxxl
                        • Oct 23, 2007

Hmmm.... Things sounds like they may have changed a bit since my last order. I am thinking about placing another order with CTVT again pretty soon. I hope that I do not have to go through the same pains that others have recently dealt with. Thanks for making us aware of that issue. The last time I ordered I got like a whole butt load of stuff shipped for only $10.00 priority. I hope to do that again.

Comment

• apes3978
                          Permanent Member
                          • Nov 19, 2005

I just took the plunge and ordered/bought from them via eBay... I bought a total of 6 suits and 6 pr. boots... Total shipping: $6.00... I'm sure that'll be a bit more than neccessary, but I suppose I'll see the actual shipping cost when it arrives... (And I'll also figure another buck or so to the total shown on the package as the cost of the box...)

Comment

• ctc
                            Fear the monkeybat!
                            • Aug 16, 2001

>had they mentioned the TRUE shipping cost, I would've made a larger order to justify the shipping charge

As I recall, they metion that they'll e-mail you the total, with shipping LATER. I'd heard from a few folks beforehand about the high rates, and it loooked like a flat rate thing to me.

I usually order from Hulk. His rates are pretty good.

Don C.

Comment

• apes3978
                              Permanent Member
                              • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by ctc
                              I usually order from Hulk. His rates are pretty good.
                              When was the last time you placed an order with him? Last time I checked his websight, he wasn't selling any of the repro stuff. Then when I emailed him about it, he said he had no idea if (or when) he'd be selling it again...

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎