X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blastphemey
    Persistent Member
    • Jun 11, 2008

spongebob squarepants custom... help!

I want to make a spongebob custom, but since he is square of course im not sure what to do. i was thinking of gettin one of those 5 inch and then getting somekind of foam to put on him and fold it over his upper body creating a squarelike appearance. i still am extremley open to ideas,suggestions,materials, etc. thanks-- Kev
  • Bo8a_Fett
    Pat Troughton in disguise
    • Nov 21, 2007

Why not just cut a sponge to shape...cover it in pva glue and continue from there?
    ENGLISH AND DAMN PROUD OF IT British by birth....English by the grace of God. Yes Jamie...it is big isn't it....

Comment

• blastphemey
      Persistent Member
      • Jun 11, 2008

oh my god... i did not think of that, thank you very much sir! maybe ill find a way to stick the 5 inch body in the sponge or cover the 5 inch body with a sponge...

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
        Often invisible
        • Jul 18, 2002

I think you would be better off attaching arms and legs to a sponge. SpongeBob is really non-human shaped and you custom may end up looking like a guy in a SpongeBob suit.

Which could be cool if that was the look you were going for....
        Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• blastphemey
          Persistent Member
          • Jun 11, 2008

yeah i already did mermaid man and am hoping to do a barnacle boy.

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

Man, I cannot wait to see this!!
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• apes3978
              Permanent Member
              • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
              I think you would be better off attaching arms and legs to a sponge. SpongeBob is really non-human shaped and you custom may end up looking like a guy in a SpongeBob suit.
              That and the fact that a MEGO/MEGOlike body is much narrower then Sponge Bob's "square" shape, he'd end up looking more rectangular...

But the real question is this: Does the world really need a MEGOesque Sponge Bob? Seriously, there are so many Sponge Bob figures out there that are probably what you'd be looking for in size/style/appearance that making one is pointless (in my eyes anyway.) It's not like it's something MEGO didn't make that they should have (like an APES Taylor, a ST Kahn, or a WOZ flying monkey.) The "missing figures" and other figures that "could have been" MEGO are one thing, but I've yet to see the reason behind "animated" figures...

Maybe it's just me, I don't know, but at times it seems that some custom MEGOstyle figures are just made for the sake of making a MEGOstyle figure... And no, I am notpicking on you or your idea... I am just curious as to the reason when so many already made figures are out there...
              Last edited by apes3978; Aug 26, '08, 7:33 PM. Reason: needed to "bold" a word

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

Treat it like a costume-

You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• huedell
                  Museum Ball Eater
                  • Dec 31, 2003

t-bolt has the right idea I'd say---heck---it even
                  works great when you take that philosophy for a Gorilla (i.e. Grodd)
                  ---it may be a challenge but you can do it!

(love the sponge dude!)
                  "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎