Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fantastic Four Spoiler Thread -Dont Read Until You See The Film!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • johnmiic
    Adrift
    • Sep 6, 2002

Fantastic Four Spoiler Thread -Dont Read Until You See The Film!!!

From the get-go I am gonna spoil it. There is no prose here only criticism.

Galactus does not appear.

The Watcher does not appear.

Instead of adapting FF 48-50 we have a mix of different FF elements.

Instead of Galactus we have a sort of Ego the living planet stand-in.

A plot thread from FF#1 is used-or recycled where giant craters appear all over the Earth and the army calls the FF to investigate. Many fans will recognize this as the Mole Man's signature but they decided to make it the Surfer's calling card instead.

Doom is back and the story more closely resembles the plot where he stole the Power Cosmic and tried to defeat the FF with it. Also Johnny does his impersonation of the Super Skrull.

I would give this film about 2 stars. The material from the comic has been homogenized and made palattable to a un-suspecting audience. We lose the poigniant moments from the Surfer introduction and many FF character moments as well.

As far as I can see only Sam Riami and Bryan Singer get it. They are not embarassed by the subject material. It's time to stop hiring people who are embarassed by the subject matter to adapt comics to film. I'm sure this film will do financially well tho and Tim Story will probably be hired back for a third outing.
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

There's already a bunch of these threads in the Superheroes forum.

Good post though.

sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

Christopher Nolan gets it, too. Oh, and Del Toro. I think we need a few more FF threads.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎