X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JDeRouen
    Author of Small Things
    • Jun 14, 2001

Wacky Wobblers

So, does anyone else collect Wacky Wobblers? They're my biggest obsession, second only to Mego.

I got into them through the evil gateway drug of Boo Berry and Franken Berry cerea,l way back in 2002 or 2003. General Mills had a promotion where if you collected x amount of box tops and sent a check for some small amount, they'd send you the Boo Berry, Count Chockula, and Frankenberry Wacky Wobblers. Who could resist that offer?

Six to eight weeks later, I have my Wobblers, and then I realized there's also Fruit Brute and Yummy Mummy Wobblers. I tracked them down on eBay, and then say H. R. Pufnstuff and Quisp. One thing led to another, and I now own around 250 of them!

I still stick to the ones that inspire nostalgia for me - the cereal characters, cartoon characters, etc. - but they keep releasing more and more of those! Some, like Futurama and The Simpsons, I'll never buy, because the nostalgia factor just ain't there. But Jonny Quest is coming out sometime this year, and I am so there it isn't funny.

And I'm running out of room!

Joe
    --
    Order Small Things, my contemporary fantasy novel featuring Megos, at http://joederouen.com/?page_id=176
  • MegoSteve
    Superman's Pal
    • Jun 17, 2005

I have a few bobbleheads I picked up to be part of other collections; I have a Superman one in my Superman display and a Pee-wee Herman one in my Pee-wee display. They're neat, but I don't really actively collect them... the last thing I need is another collection!

Comment

• grayhank
      That Fisher Price Guy
      • Feb 9, 2007

Are those the ones made by Funco? I have a Charlie Brown one (yet another SDCC exclusive). Several more this year:

Snoopy as Captain Kirk
      Woodstock as Mr. Spock
      Marvin Martian as ....well Marvin Martian
      SW Shock Trooper
      Scott D Thompson | Facebook

Comment

• JDeRouen
        Author of Small Things
        • Jun 14, 2001

Yes, I should have qualified - Wacky Wobblers are from Funko, which is what I collect. Other than the one Neca Head Knocker I have - Schoolhouse Rock's Bill - everything I have is Funko.
        --
        Order Small Things, my contemporary fantasy novel featuring Megos, at http://joederouen.com/?page_id=176

Comment

• The Toyroom
          The Packaging King
          • Dec 31, 2004

I've got Dick Tracy, Evel Knievel, Atom Ant, Frankenberry, Count Chocula (my first 2 as well, Joe), Twinkie the Kid, Freaky Tiki and a non-Funko Buddy Lee from Lee Jeans.
          Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• Mikey
            Verbose Member
            • Aug 9, 2001

The only ones I have, and I don't think they're Wacky Wobblers are Hogan's Heroes Klink and Schultz ... I also have Twinkie

Comment

• Marvelmania
              A Ray of Sunshine
              • Jun 17, 2001

I started to get into them but stopped. Can't handle any more collecting lines right now. I do have a couple of the Funny Faces and a Quisp.

Comment

• BOTZWANA
                spam
                • May 28, 2009

Why are they still so expensive? I only found The Trix Rabbit for a good price on Ebay recently. Would really like to own the Cereal collection and keep em in my kitchen.

Comment

• starsky
                  veteran member
                  • Aug 26, 2007

i have underdog, secret squirrel and morocco mole.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎