X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mego73
    Printed paperboard Tiger
    • Aug 1, 2003

Robot Chicken Star Wars special

will run several times tomorrow night on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim. I saw Seth Green on The Late Late show last night promoting it. Believe it or not, they got Lucasfilm's endorsement for the show and George Lucas will play himself (his action figure self)in a sketch.

The first skit they did to show to Lucasfilm was Darth Vader calling The Emporer collect to let him know the Death Star got destroyed

mego73@hotmail.com
  • grayhank
    That Fisher Price Guy
    • Feb 9, 2007

Originally posted by mego73
    The first skit they did to show to Lucasfilm was Darth Vader calling The Emporer collect to let him know the Death Star got destroyed

I love that one. I have had that one my myspace page for probably close to a year.

Emperer: "What do you mean they blew up the death star? Who's they? What the h@ll is an aluminum falcon?"
    Scott D Thompson | Facebook

Comment

• huedell
      Museum Ball Eater
      • Dec 31, 2003

If they have anything better than that, I'd like to see it...its one of
      the funniest things I've ever seen, let alone a Star Wars themed thing
      "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• wyatterb
        Permanent Member
        • Jul 2, 2001

I've already set the DVR to record this tonight.

Comment

• jwyblejr
          galactic yo-yo
          • Apr 6, 2006

Came pretty close there. George Lucas being chased by a fat woman in a Slave Leia outfit is the one I'll remember for awhile.

Comment

• namtab29
            #1 Aquaman Fan
            • Feb 22, 2005

pretty funny...i thought the Walrus Man piece was hystertical.

and the line "what the hell is an aluminum falcon?" will go down in history...

rob!
            http://www.namtab.com
            http://www.treasurycomics.com
            http://aquamanshrine.blogspot.com
            http://digestcomics.blogspot.com
            http://www.allinblackandwhitefor75cents.com
            http://heykidscomix.blogspot.com

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

Yeah the misunderstood Walrus Man one had me frickin' rollin.

And Disco Lobot was pretty funny too. Great episode.

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• megoscott
                Founding Partner
                • Nov 17, 2006

I really enjoyed it. The whole bit with Luke and Vader---I'm your father, Leia is your sister, the force is bacteria and I built C3PO---You aren't even trying to take this seriously....That was really funny and true. Good for Lucas for getting behind a good parody.

But WOW! Doing it all pretty much with Megos....the irony. Consider how many great Mego scale Star Wars figures and sets they made. How great would it be if Robot Chicken ever started selling figures based on their shows?
                This profile is no longer active.

Comment

• Megospidey
                  Museum Webslinger
                  • Jul 26, 2006

Originally posted by namtab29
                  pretty funny...i thought the Walrus Man piece was hystertical.

and the line "what the hell is an aluminum falcon?" will go down in history...

rob!
                  I thought the Walrus sketch was the best as well. Reading those sub-titles and trying to correlate everything to the original Star Wars movie was hilarious! I will never watch that Cantina scene in the same way ever again.

And the cloud city weather woman

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

Was that Hammil as Luke's voice in the Cantina/Walrus Man scene? It sure sounded like him there.

Chris
                    sigpic

Comment

• mego73
                      Printed paperboard Tiger
                      • Aug 1, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                      Was that Hammil as Luke's voice in the Cantina/Walrus Man scene? It sure sounded like him there.

Chris
                      Yeah, Mark Hammil did do Luke's voice (and perhaps some others) in the show.

mego73@hotmail.com

Comment

• The Sentry
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jun 3, 2007

Originally posted by huedell
                        If they have anything better than that, I'd like to see it...its one of
                        the funniest things I've ever seen, let alone a Star Wars themed thing
                        I was snorting I was laughing so hard! I was blown away by the whole damned thing! They shure did pull out the stops! The George Lucas skit was awesome and Bush vs. Lincoln (Hulk Hogan) was also a great laugh!
                        sigpic
                        http://facebook.com/Lee.Harrah.99
                        https://www.facebook.com/pages/HARRA...755356&sk=info
                        [url]https://www.reverbnation.com/harrah99?profile_view_source=header_icon_nav[url]

Comment

• DocDrako
                          Formerly Doc Drako
                          • Nov 11, 2004

The Lobot scene was hilarious! I missed it on TV, but I just watched it. I liked the whole thing. I'm going to watch it again.

If anyone missed it on TV, check it out on Adult Swim's website here...

You can also view individual skits from the Star Wars special as well as the other Robot Chicken skits. What a great show. By the way, there was some talk at one point about Robot Chicken action figures, but that was a while back. I would buy them if they were done well. As long as they use Doc Mego bodies or something of equal quality.

Last edited by DocDrako; Jun 20, '07, 1:58 AM. Reason: information vital to the survival of the rebellion...and a fact I missed.
                          "I prefer to remain an enigma."

DRAKO'S GOOD TRADERS LIST

Comment

• jwyblejr
                            galactic yo-yo
                            • Apr 6, 2006

I was in Wal-Mart and saw the I Am Your Father's Day two pack. All of a sudden,I thought about the Yo Momma fight skit(you know,yo momma's so stupid she thinks Jar Jar comes with pickles,pickles.) and just burst out laughing. Everyone in Wal-Mart must have thought I was nuts.

Comment

• DocDrako
                              Formerly Doc Drako
                              • Nov 11, 2004

Originally posted by jwyblejr
                              I was in Wal-Mart and saw the I Am Your Father's Day two pack. All of a sudden,I thought about the Yo Momma fight skit(you know,yo momma's so stupid she thinks Jar Jar comes with pickles,pickles.) and just burst out laughing. Everyone in Wal-Mart must have thought I was nuts.
                              I love moments like that. It usually makes me laugh even harder when I know people are looking at me like I'm strange. Which I am.

"I prefer to remain an enigma."

DRAKO'S GOOD TRADERS LIST

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎