Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mattel's spotty distribution is very frustrating...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MegoSteve
    Superman's Pal
    • Jun 17, 2005

Mattel's spotty distribution is very frustrating...

Well, it might not be there distribution, but I've had a heck of a time finding any new Mattel figures since before Christmas, specifically Justice League and DC Superheroes. I've not seen any of the new JLU 3 packs (the ones with Volcana and Nemesis), nor have I been able to track down that black and silver suited Superman. I've been checking Target and *shudder* Wal-mart for a few months and have had zero luck.

Anyone finding these in their area yet? What stores are carrying them?
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

still on yellow carded three packs here. I found a set with Nemesis in February in Georgia four months ago, since then, NOTHING.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• grayhank
      That Fisher Price Guy
      • Feb 9, 2007

I found the Black Suited Superman at Target about 2 weeks ago. He of course is one per case which would explain his apparent absence.

It does appear as if the JLU line might be cancelled or at least on hiatus. The one 3-Pack with Shayera Hal, The Ray and I think Green Lantern is NOW going to be this years San Diego Comic Con exclusive rather than be released through retail outlets. So that gives me the impression that Mattel is trying to unload this pack and discontinue the line. Maybe I can find out some info from them directly when I'm down there in July. I really want that Blue Devil JLU figure that was announced a while back.
      Scott D Thompson | Facebook

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

I just scored the Lightray/Nemesis pack today. I found the Etrigan 3 pack a coupple weeks ago. Still no sign of Shade, Vixen, or Huntress on single cards. I think a lot of this has to do with Mattel pushing out too many figures of the Big 3 characters and clogging up the pegs.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• megocanada
          Permanent Member
          • Apr 18, 2003

We recently received Huntress and Shade on singl crads At Toys r Us in Canada but that's it so far I know of
          the greatest Superman of all time Earth 2 Superman

Comment

• grayhank
            That Fisher Price Guy
            • Feb 9, 2007

Sounds like distribution problems then. Those single cards (Shade, Huntress, Dr. Light) and the 3 Packs (The one with Nemesis, The reissued purple one with the Demon, The one with Volcana, and the one with the Parasite) have been out for several months where I live.

Thought you guys were talking about the even newer ones which I have not seen.
            Scott D Thompson | Facebook

Comment

• jwyblejr
              galactic yo-yo
              • Apr 6, 2006

That's Mattel for you. I mean look at the track record since the time they brought back He-Man and you'll see it's not a pretty sight.

Comment

• joshvox
                Clown Prince of Crime
                • Mar 21, 2006

just waiting for the joker to show up--and waiting...and waiting...

Comment

• MegoSteve
                  Superman's Pal
                  • Jun 17, 2005

One of my local Targets has had full 3-pack pegs since around Christmas, so I kind of understand why there hasn't been any restock of the new stuff, but the single carded figures seem to sell out pretty quick (aside from the leftover Superman and Batman figures). I really want one of those new Lex figures, too...

That San Diego exclusive bugs me to no end, but I guess it's better than nothing.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

That was my thought, that since the Big 3 are clogging up the pegs, both in singles and 3 packs, I never see restocks.
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

Supermans and Bizarros galore in the 6 inch line, clogging the pegs. JLU Supes and Bats clogging the single pegs, and Supes/Bats/WW 3-packs full to brim in that alotted space, at every store I've been to that carrys them. I see an ocassional Parasite and Aquaman/Dr. Light/whoever 3-pack. That's it. The pack outs in this line are horrible. It's what killed the new MOTU and the previous comic Batman line.

Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

• tmthor
                        God of Knock-offs
                        • Nov 29, 2005

I hate to say this but is it me or has Mattel shown they cant handle anything but Barbie lately.

Between the Superman Figure Fiasco (Which was accualy great for us bottom feeders can't help it I'm cheap) Batman, He-man & Now JLU I have to say I have a vote of no confidence with Mattel doing the toys Maybe its time to give the licencse to someone else but who
                        Hasbro has Marvel so that is probably out of the question
                        Toybiz is owned by Marvel so thats out of the question
                        Jakks Pacific They could not do worse that Mattel but ??? if they could pay for the License (Although they did manage to get Pokemon from Hasbro)
                        Maybe Zizzle after the Pirates of the Caribean wares out they will be looking for another property.

Comment

• Steeler80
                          Mayor of Strunk
                          • Jun 29, 2001

While I've seen ten thousand variant Supermen in the DC Heroes line, I haven't seen one Supergirl or Luthor. I saw one Brainiac that I snapped up and that's it.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎