X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • livnxxxl
    Megoholic RocketScientist
    • Oct 23, 2007

Can anyone identify this figure?

I found this stuffed unknown (to me) figure at an estate sale a while back. I was not sure whether to post this thread under modern toys or under Mego-Like Toys. He is kind of Mego like so I posted this thread under this forum. The head is just a tad bit bigger than Mego, but I have a solution for that. I have no idea who he is as I have not read many comic books. Therefore, I am hoping that someone here can help identify this character for me. There is a tag on him that is printed S.I.I. China (C) 1998 NLP, INC. Any idea?

Enjoy what you like, and let others enjoy what they like. (C) Azrak 2009

Too much space. Need more toys!

Check out the ever growing Mego like sized vehicles data base.
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Its from the 1998 Lost In Space movie.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• toys2cool
      Ultimate Mego Warrior
      • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by Werewolf
      Is it major Don West? or should I say Joey from friends
      "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
      My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• livnxxxl
        • Oct 23, 2007

Originally posted by Werewolf

Thanks Werewolf for solving the mystery for me. That was QUICK!

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

That would be a cool Ferro Lad or Iron Man head.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• livnxxxl
            • Oct 23, 2007

Originally posted by thunderbolt
            That would be a cool Ferro Lad or Iron Man head.
            Believe it or not I was thinking Iron Man. In fact that is who I thought it might have been originally. A different version of Iron Man as I known of him that is. I already have the head shrunk to Mego size so now it is just a matter of what direction that I want to go with it next.

Comment

• palitoy
              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
              • Jun 16, 2001

I would say it's a claw machine toy.
              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• livnxxxl
                • Oct 23, 2007

Originally posted by palitoy
                I would say it's a claw machine toy.
                Thanks for your input. Now that you mention it does look as if it would be something that came out of a claw machine. I have been searching on eBay recently this AM to see if I could find it under "Lost In Space". So far no luck. There are a lot of page listings though and I have not went through every single page yet. Just wanting to find out more about for curiousity sake it if I can.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                  Invincible Ironing Man
                  • Feb 28, 2008

I'd say some chinese factory knocked off Lost in Space figures, made a crude costume, and presto. You have a really bad toy!
                  "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• AcroRay
                    Persistent Member
                    • Apr 17, 2005

Applause made a number of different styles of figures, including these oddities with pleather bodies and roto-cast vinyl head & hands. This might be a knockoff, but I think the origin is applause.

Its like a Mego without an actual body in the suit....
                    Micronauts Collector, Historian, Consultant
                    AcroRay's Laboratory - My Micronauts Blog
                    The Micropolis Embassy - My Micronauts Group
                    Rockets, Robots & Dinosaurs - My Blog for Other Interests

Comment

• SUP-Ronin
                      Stuck in a laundry shoot.
                      • Oct 8, 2007

That should turn out to be a pretty cool custom head. Rather unique. Keep us posted. COuld you turn those feet into mego type boot feet??? I can't see how they are attached.
                      "Steel-like jaws clacked away, each bite slashing flesh from my body - I used my knife and my hands, and when they were gone, my bloody stumps - and yet the turtles came."

Comment

• Timothy2251
                        Jerks beef with Ten Bears
                        • Mar 15, 2008

I actually scored a head from eBay - I may make a Destroyer figure from Marvel's Thor comic one of these days. I do see them pop-up from time to time in auctions.
                        "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• livnxxxl
                          • Oct 23, 2007

Originally posted by MegoRonin
                          That should turn out to be a pretty cool custom head. Rather unique. Keep us posted. COuld you turn those feet into mego type boot feet??? I can't see how they are attached.

Thanks. Yes, I already have disected the figure in question and I have casted the feet as well. Now I am working on shrinking the hands down a bit. Ultimately I even plan on using the suit for a custom of some kind. The figure is filled with soft polyster type material. The head, feet and hands are all basically firmly attached with a very small cable tie. In addition the feet and hands have some small holes drilled in them which is out of the way in receeds into the figures suit. The holes have some thread running through them to securely attach them even further. It took just a small bit of work, but I did manage to get everything apart without ruining the suit or any of the parts. The toughest part for me was finding a way to get those little bitty cable ties off. I wonder if they could have found some cable ties that were any smaller? It makes it a challenge getting something into them to cut them off. Now that I have over come that I am on the lookout for more of these type of figures. These are not too far off from Mego scale. I will keep everyone posted as to what becomes of one of my newest projects.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎