Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you think of Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

What did you think of Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer?

I thought it was better than the first movie.

Can't see how a CGI looking Surfer would be able to sustain his own movie unless he was Lawrence Fishburn for an extended part of film sans the Galactic Glaze (do they still call it that? It sounds like something really dirty Galactus did to him).
    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!
  • Boris71
    GeekBot' For Life
    • May 13, 2007

I loved it aswell so much I picked up the silver surfer figure from the movie on my travels today much to my GF amusement
    Check out my Electronic Mag here Psycho Styrene Modeling Magazine

Comment

• phil
      Persistent Member
      • May 11, 2007

I just saw it this afternoon. I liked it better than Spiderman 3 but I was
      disapointed in the ending. I also thought it was definetly better than the
      first film but I still hate the way Doctor Doom is presented.

Comment

• Boris71
        GeekBot' For Life
        • May 13, 2007

I liked the doom in this one much better than the green anorak from the first movie, the armour was cool just wished the had gone for 12a and shown his face

Comment

• megowgsh
          Customego HoF Curator
          • Nov 19, 2003

Totally exceeded my expectations.

Heads and shoulders better than the first.

The Silver Surfer was PHENOMENAL!!!

The interaction between the four was very good, especially with the ferriss wheel.

Loved Johnny with all four powers.

Loved seeing Doom on the surf board even more!

This movie hit a home run in my opinion. Better than S3. Better than most super-hero movies.

I was thoroughly pleased.
          Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

Defended this movie at great lengths in Hector's FF thread. Whole family really enjoyed it. Much better than the first, and a better movie than Spidey 3 I believe.

We should really start posting in one thread on this things though, ya know.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• kingdom warrior
              OH JES!!
              • Jul 21, 2005

I Hated it but hey That's my Opinion I thought it was Stupid but that's me I'm Just a Hardcore FF Fan who wants to see Stan and Jacks Classic tale told correctly not having Galactus,The Watcher..and many of the elements that made that trilogy stand the test a time in comics....and I don't want to hear that they would have not been able to translate Galactus because of the helmet is Bull they could've come up with something.

Wolverine in his yellow spandex would have looked horrible so they adapted and changed and X-men Fans were very happy...The Producers couldn't come up with a better way? sorry cop out to me...the movie came in at 92 minutes seems they were trying to keep it under Budget and not spend the money needed to make a silly movie much better.Hence no Galactus and freek the Watcher who was a Major player in the story.

But stupid lines like hey Ben how do you and Alicia you know....oh but that's great script writing? Garbage!
              Last edited by kingdom warrior; Jun 16, '07, 10:19 PM.

Comment

• Boris71
                GeekBot' For Life
                • May 13, 2007

I'm a huge FF fan too and a huge jack kirby fan as well, including his 4th word stuff wich I think is better than some of his marvel creations, and I loved it

But I went in there with the opinion that I wanted to be entertained for 90 mins and thats what I was. I think if you want to see a comic on the screen you are going to be diassapointed everytime.

And behonest about it some of the dialoge in comics from the 60's and 70's were just as bad if not worse, and in all fairness even today and in the 90's when the indie comics were so cool the writting was often worse
                Last edited by Boris71; Jun 17, '07, 6:07 AM. Reason: added thoughts

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎