X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Al Barrett
    Career Member
    • Aug 16, 2008

Star Trek bridge

Hi,I'm new here and I'd like to show my work to mego fans,I intend to release
    a series of "Star Trek: Mego episodes" on YOU TUBE.Here is a link to my first
    clip of the bridge.This is a test,the project is still not ready but should start
    sometime next year.
    Al
    P.S.:Your comments and suggestions are welcome and appreciated.

YouTube - Star Trek Enterprise Bridge
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

That's neat.

What material did you use to make the bridge out of ?

Comment

• Meule
      Verbose Member
      • Nov 14, 2004

Pretty cool. I watched the rest of the ship's tour as well, looks like you've been busy: engineering, sickbay, recreations room, ... But I didn't see a transporter platform, that still coming?
      "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• livnxxxl
        Megoholic RocketScientist
        • Oct 23, 2007

Your rendition of the bridge looks great. Lots of detail. That is what I like. I have dreamed about doing a custom bridge now for some time. However, I just cannot get in the right frame of mind nor make the energy to do so. Plus I have way too many other open projects in my Mego laboratory so to speak. Now that you have went were not many customizers have gone before this just makes me want to put my dream off even farther down the line. Nice job on your custom bridge. I like your videos to. Keep up the great work!
        Enjoy what you like, and let others enjoy what they like. (C) Azrak 2009

Too much space. Need more toys!

Check out the ever growing Mego like sized vehicles data base.

Comment

• AUSSIE-Rebooted-AMM
          I was NEVER here!
          • Jun 22, 2008

FANTASTIC. . . great job. . .can't wait to see more of this!

Comment

• Al Barrett
            Career Member
            • Aug 16, 2008

Material

Originally posted by type1kirk
            That's neat.

What material did you use to make the bridge out of ?

Hi,I'll try to answer your question;The walls are made of "styrofoam" and the
            rest is cardboard except for desk-like instruments made of plastic and then
            painted in black except for some spots with different colors where lights are
            gonna be added.I'll film it as soon as it'll be completed.Everything was painted
            over foam and cardboard.The ramps(red)are also made of foam.
            Al

Comment

• Al Barrett
              Career Member
              • Aug 16, 2008

Originally posted by Meule
              Pretty cool. I watched the rest of the ship's tour as well, looks like you've been busy: engineering, sickbay, recreations room, ... But I didn't see a transporter platform, that still coming?

Yes,as stated in the short clips(videos)part 1&2,there's part 3 coming later this year.You see,the transporter room will be totally lighted and "kinda fonctional" So you're right,it's still coming and will go with a lighted version of the bridge.The only thing left is the elevator again,with the appropriate lights that'll give the illusion of movement as in ST TOS.
              That promess to be the hardest part of all...
              Al

Comment

• Al Barrett
                Career Member
                • Aug 16, 2008

Originally posted by livnxxxl
                Your rendition of the bridge looks great. Lots of detail. That is what I like. I have dreamed about doing a custom bridge now for some time. However, I just cannot get in the right frame of mind nor make the energy to do so. Plus I have way too many other open projects in my Mego laboratory so to speak. Now that you have went were not many customizers have gone before this just makes me want to put my dream off even farther down the line. Nice job on your custom bridge. I like your videos to. Keep up the great work!

Thanks,remember one thing however,from the beginning to the end of this project it took me more than a year to assembled.Painstickingly adding bits
                and pieces and not counting the hours...it pays in the long run.After that I might consider to do customs and sell'em if anyone's interested?...
                Al

Comment

• Al Barrett
                  Career Member
                  • Aug 16, 2008

Originally posted by AUSSIE-Rebooted-AMM
                  FANTASTIC. . . great job. . .can't wait to see more of this!

Thanks,I have to add something here,this aint a "replica" of the actual Star Trek Enterprise,instead of a round shape bridge,I went for a square(it was easier that way)If I did this is mainly because I love mego figures but also it's because I tried to built one in the 70's when I was a kid with no sucsess;this is a kinda revenge
                  So there's gonna be more of this,for sure.A fully lighted bridge with transporter room and elevator for part 3,final before episode 1 next year...
                  Al
                  Last edited by Al Barrett; Aug 18, '08, 9:26 PM.

Comment

• Bo8a_Fett
                    Pat Troughton in disguise
                    • Nov 21, 2007

great work...congrats....I too will be eagerly awaiting new "episodes"
                    ENGLISH AND DAMN PROUD OF IT British by birth....English by the grace of God. Yes Jamie...it is big isn't it....

Comment

• SUP-Ronin
                      Stuck in a laundry shoot.
                      • Oct 8, 2007

Looking great. Keep at it. I like that you made that round thing Spock was always staring into. What was that supposed to be anyway and how come he never let anyone else look in it???
                      "Steel-like jaws clacked away, each bite slashing flesh from my body - I used my knife and my hands, and when they were gone, my bloody stumps - and yet the turtles came."

Comment

• Al Barrett
                        Career Member
                        • Aug 16, 2008

Star Trek bridge

Originally posted by Bo8a_Fett
                        great work...congrats....I too will be eagerly awaiting new "episodes"

Thanks,it's appreciated,the enthousiasm of the members is contagious,GREAT!
                        I am working on the engine room floor at the moment,after that I'll work on the last piece:the elevator.So upcoming is the "light tests" for the whole bridge and transporter room,then the elevator and full enginering.

I'll have to write the senario for the first "episode" that'll involve Klingons and
                        Romulans...
                        As for the crew,I hope that EMCE toys will release Sulu and Chekov in time for
                        the shooting
                        Al

Comment

• Hotfoot
                          Dazed and Confused
                          • Dec 30, 2007

They look frozen in time!

Great work.
                          Too many toys. Not enough space!

Comment

• Al Barrett
                            Career Member
                            • Aug 16, 2008

Star Trek Bridge

Originally posted by MegoRonin
                            Looking great. Keep at it. I like that you made that round thing Spock was always staring into. What was that supposed to be anyway and how come he never let anyone else look in it???
                            When Spock isn't on the bridge,I saw Chekov starin' at that blue light thing...
                            when completed,he'll be able to stare at it and I'll manege to get a blue light
                            on his face like the real gizmo.I've just finished the lights for the elevator...so
                            the "whole" ship would be ready except that I need one more set of lights and
                            I'll have to wait around Christmas to get it.Need a couple of more light bulbs
                            'cause those I've got don't flash and they have to in order for the "transporter
                            room" to operate.Then I'll do some light tests that I'll post on YOU TUBE.THEN
                            the project will be completed.Next year,the first "Star Trek Mego episode"
                            Al

Comment

• Al Barrett
                              Career Member
                              • Aug 16, 2008

Toilet

Originally posted by PCofmisfittoys
                              looks great,,add a " toilet" in another room just to be different from the 500 other bridges made.

I always felt that the captain seat would be great for that...a bit crowded somehow...

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎