X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

Annual 4th of July Fireworks STATE thread

Now that Independence Day is creeping up on us .......

It's a pretty good time to ask THE QUESTION again-- for '07

Does your state allow fireworks ?

Here in Penn, it's a strange one..........

We are allowed to SELL fireworks to non- Penn people, but we're not allow to buy them.

There are fireworks sellers at least every mile here ------- but, in order to buy them, you must show your drivers license

If it's a Penn license, you cannot buy them.

Weird, but true.

How 'bout your state ?

edited to add.......
    DOWN WITH THE BRITISH !!!

m
    Last edited by Mikey; Jun 16, '07, 8:18 AM.
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Fireworks are sold in Kentucky, but they are the lame ones. Jumping jacks (although those can be fun), fountains, sparklers. No "explosives". No firecrackers, bottle rockets, mortars, etc. Most Kentuckians who want the good stuff go over the Tennesee border and buy them.

In my teen years, I was quite the fireworks enthusiast. Various relatives and friends would pick me up the good stuff for me. Of course, several times we got busted, and my out-of-state souvenirs ended up in the hands of Cynthiana's finest.

Oddly enough, my friends lived two doors down from one of the cops who confiscated our "stash". One night we were witness to quite the pyrotechnic show.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• RG
      Removed.
      • Oct 1, 2004

Oregon sucks! Just the very basic fountians and not much more are allowed here. But if you have illegal fireworks for the most part everyone looks the other way (in my area of state anyway) So some dope can lauch the big illegals and start a fire, but the rest of us can't even buy a firecracker

Comment

• Bizarro Amy
        Formerly known as Del
        • Dec 12, 2004

Mike, I didn't realize you were from Pa...what part? It is kind of weird, driving down the road and seeing fireworks signs everywhere. They even sell huge packs of them in some grocery stores.
        Hey! Where's the waiter with the water for my daughter?

Check out my customs!
        https://www.facebook.com/BizarroAmy
        http://www.tumblr.com/blog/bizarroamy

Comment

• Mikey
          Verbose Member
          • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by del
          Mike, I didn't realize you were from Pa...what part? It is kind of weird, driving down the road and seeing fireworks signs everywhere. They even sell huge packs of them in some grocery stores.
          I'm actually from northern NJ, but have been living in the Pocono's for 2 years now.

Comment

• jwyblejr
            galactic yo-yo
            • Apr 6, 2006

We have them during the major (and not so major) holidays. TN. has them all year 'round.

Comment

• txteach
              Banned
              • Jun 17, 2005

Here in Texas I think they allow you to blow off a nuclear bomb if you have one. Feels like we are under attack the night of the 4th. Everyone, and I mean everyone has exploding fireworks around here.

Comment

• phil
                Persistent Member
                • May 11, 2007

I live in Pennsylvania and one of my neighbors is already nuts and likes to prove it on the 4th. Last year was what I would call "Shock and Awe Junior".
                I can hardly wait to see what he comes up with this year. His stuff is as
                illegal as h*ll. The local police don't seem to have any interest in dealing with
                this sort of thing. A lot of it goes on in my area. Several years ago there was
                a state police officer and a local police officer both living on the street and
                they did nothing about illegal fireworks. I guess as long as no one gets killed
                it doesn't matter.

Venting over.

Comment

• The Sentry
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jun 3, 2007

It didn't used to be legal but about 10 years ago I guess they allowed fireworks around here. Even if they didn't I would be out keepin' the neigborhood up!
                  sigpic
                  http://facebook.com/Lee.Harrah.99
                  https://www.facebook.com/pages/HARRA...755356&sk=info
                  [url]https://www.reverbnation.com/harrah99?profile_view_source=header_icon_nav[url]

Comment

• Adam West
                    Museum CPA
                    • Apr 14, 2003

Actually in Maryland, it depends on what County you live in.

They used to be totally illegal and still are in some counties but in the last few years, they have allowed or county to sell ground based fireworks and sparklers....no firecrackers, bottle rockets, or anything else that propels into the sky...but you would be surprised at how creative some of the firework manufacturers have become at making some pretty fantastic ground based items.
                    "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
                    ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎