X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Random Axe
    The Voice of Reason
    • Apr 16, 2008

CTTV boots

I bought a handfull cause they're 2 bucks. Very cool. Now that I have them, they don't fit a Mego calf. Uncool.

Seriously, is it just me or are these waaaay too skinny to fit on a normal t2 body? It may work for one of their figs, but I think I'll have to boil these boots to soften them up and push them on my Green Arrow and hope upon hope I don't blow out his knee joint in the process.

Otherwise, I've been 100 percent satisfied with CTTV and will continue to order.

Scott
    I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.
  • The Bat
    Batman Fanatic
    • Jul 14, 2002

Strange...I've had no problems with CTVT's Boots on Original Mego bodies? On Doc Mego Bodies, I've has to heat them up, to make them fit.
    sigpic

Comment

• Dave Mc
      Administrator
      • Oct 20, 2002

I've not had a problem with any CTVT boots at all. Especially hero boots. They are the one CTVT product I've actually been pleased with. Strange that they are too small.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
        Moderation Engineer
        • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by Dave Mc
        I've not had a problem with any CTVT boots at all. Especially hero boots. They are the one CTVT product I've actually been pleased with. Strange that they are too small.
        I love their hero boots, but the boots based on the Klingon boot are too small for my tastes. I pretty much use their hero boots exclusively for replacing originals on fixer-upper figures.

The trick with the Doc Mego boots is to carefully trim the extra flashing around the top of the boot.

Comment

• megocrazy
          Museum Trouble Maker
          • Feb 18, 2007

I've never had an issue with their boots. Like Dave said, one of the few things they did OK.
          It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• ThatBatmanGuy
            Career Member
            • May 14, 2007

The hero boots work fine. It's the Klingon boots that are too skinny. You have to warm the up with a hairdryer before you try to put them on. I mean get them HOT too. Otherwise no problems.

Bob

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎