X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kingdom warrior
    OH JES!!
    • Jul 21, 2005

Fantastic Four movie-what a disapointment

Just came back from seeing it (yes I was able to get out of work early) If you are a Fan of Stan's and Jack's Trilogy then I'm sorry you will be so disapointed...if you've never ever been exposed to the story then you'll think it's ok maybe your kids will like it

I won't spoil anything but save your money..... and rent it if you want to see it when it comes out.I'll just say this the Hanna Barbera cartoon was much better and truer to Stan and Jack's story......
  • Vortigern99
    Scholar/Gentleman/Weirdo
    • Jul 2, 2006

Oh no!! Say it ain't so!! I was just reading an interview with the screenwriter, a longtime fan of Kirby's FF run, who asserted the film would be true to the original comics. Of course, I knew it would be dumbed down -- they're going for a "kid-friendly" FF here -- but I hoped against hope that the sequel would be a quality product. Oh well.

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
      valar morghulis
      • Mar 8, 2005

The first one was a silly snorefest, and I barely got thru it on dvd. If anything, all signs I've seen of the sequel point to it being even worse.

Comment

• kingdom warrior
        OH JES!!
        • Jul 21, 2005

Originally posted by Vortigern99
        Oh no!! Say it ain't so!! I was just reading an interview with the screenwriter, a longtime fan of Kirby's FF run, who asserted the film would be true to the original comics. Of course, I knew it would be dumbed down -- they're going for a "kid-friendly" FF here -- but I hoped against hope that the sequel would be a quality product. Oh well.
        It's so..... if you want to read the reviews here they are

Reed (Ioan Gruffudd), Susan (Jessica Alba), Johnny (Chris Evans) and Ben (Michael Chiklis) face an intergalactic messenger who has arrived to prepare Earth for its destruction. While the enigmatic being wreaks havoc around the world, the heroic quartet must also contend with the unexpected return of their enemy, Victor Von Doom.

The screenwriter is not telling the truth it was not a faithful adaptation.
        Last edited by kingdom warrior; Jun 15, '07, 3:48 PM.

Comment

• mitchedwards
          Mego Preservation Society
          • May 2, 2003

I missed FF at the movies, but watched it on DVD, thought it was OK. Hoping the sequal would improve with age

Think B.A. Where did you hide the Megos?

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

I took my kid to the first one at the drive in and I will be doing the same thing here, I don't expect much I guess. I found the first one fun but it wouldn't rank in my top anything.
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• toys2cool
              Ultimate Mego Warrior
              • Nov 27, 2006

D'oh!! I already have my tickets,oh well it can't be worst then the first
              "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
              My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• kingdom warrior
                OH JES!!
                • Jul 21, 2005

Originally posted by palitoy
                I took my kid to the first one at the drive in and I will be doing the same thing here, I don't expect much I guess. I found the first one fun but it wouldn't rank in my top anything.
                The Kids will love it...It's kid friendly and many kids actually don't know the classic story and most boys love the Human Torch I have to go see it again cause my son is a big Human Torch fan.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

^^^ is that going to result in a rash of kids dousing themselves in lighter fluid and Flaming on??
                  You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• The Bat
                    Batman Fanatic
                    • Jul 14, 2002

This is the Review I expected...Tom Rothman as the Producer(hates Comic Book Movie's, and tries to keep budget as low as Possible...hence You won't actually see GALACTUS).Tim Story...BAD Director who has no sense of flow & pace to do Action Movie's. And a Crappy Screen Writer.

I never had any hope's for this Movie.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Cosmicman
                      Permanent Member
                      • Jul 12, 2005

I will pass also...

I have heard from some pretty good comic buffs today. They both agreed, this is the worst super hero movie ever. It is even worse then Hulk when it comes to straying away from original ideas, storyline and character processes.

Well. I guess I won't be going to the theatre to see this one. I will wait for it to come out on DVD. What a shame. They had all that money, all that time and all those graphics to do something really good and make up for the bad first movie and they wound up taking a big hot steamy dump right on the foreheads of everyone who has ever read comic books.

What a rip off!!
                      Last edited by Cosmicman; Jun 15, '07, 6:04 PM.
                      More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...

Comment

• The Bat
                        Batman Fanatic
                        • Jul 14, 2002

Massawyrm's Review: http://www.aintitcool.com/node/33014
                        sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                          el Hombre de Acero
                          • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by The Bat
                          Now THAT was a FANTASTIC Four review, lol.

sigpic

Comment

• Surfsup
                            Silver Chrome Dome
                            • Dec 2, 2005

I've just come back from watching it. Apart from the dire special effects (apart from the Surfer), gaping holes in the story and a cloud which was called Galactus but looked like a big turd...it was alright.

Comment

• The Toyroom
                              The Packaging King
                              • Dec 31, 2004

Originally posted by palitoy
                              Same here...we saw it at the drive-in with Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and stayed for the FF. Wasn't too impressed....I figured it'd be a drive-in movie this time around too.
                              Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎