X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • txteach
    Banned
    • Jun 17, 2005

Silver Surfer Quarter

How were these distributed? First the post office with star wars and now the mint with this. I'm not being funny but is this constitutional? These quarters are going for $80 on ebay. I'd love to have one but not for $80!
  • The Toyroom
    The Packaging King
    • Dec 31, 2004

Even the gov't. sells out and jumps on the merchandising band-wagon these days....
    Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• Brue
      User without title
      • Sep 29, 2005

Silver Star’s 3,065 skiable acres, easy-skiing snow and Painted Lady-inspired village perch on the very northern end of British Columbia’s wine country, just 20 minutes from the small, unpretentious city of Vernon. Taken together, the ski resort, the city and the leisure-friendly North Okanagan wine region offer a rare mix of quality experiences for a broad array of ski vacationer tastes and budgets.

I figured it was just a promotion but it appears to be somewhat legal tender and you could get more than $80 for them now.

Comment

• Meule
        Verbose Member
        • Nov 14, 2004

I've seen 'em go for over $200 It's a friggin QUARTER
        "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Hulk
          Mayor of Megoville
          • May 10, 2003

Wrong Mint, Franklin Mint, not the US Mint. It will be interesting to see how hard they come down on them to prevent this in the future.

Comment

• Brue
            User without title
            • Sep 29, 2005

Anybody ever get there hands on one of these?

Comment

• Adam West
              Museum CPA
              • Apr 14, 2003

I did. I also found out how they were distributed. They were sent as a promotional item to people who work in the entertainment industry (journalists, newscasters, etc. who cover movies). There were 4 quarters given with instructions to spend them so they would find their way into circulation.

I purchased a complete 4 quarter set from someone in the industry but won't say who as not to get him into trouble. He was really nice and ended up sending me not only the entire set untouched but the entire set of Fantastic Four promotional items he received including a copy of the movie well before it was released on DVD.
              "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
              ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎