X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • joshvox
    Clown Prince of Crime
    • Mar 21, 2006

Batman's New Get-up for TDK

Check it out--looks fantastic to me--much better than begins.

Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. We got this forwarded in today. It's apparently a scan from the newest Entertainment Weekly where they premiere the first shot of Batman from THE DARK KNIGHT. Not much different the utility belt stands out to me a...
  • ABMAC
    User
    • May 16, 2002

It looks like every other superhero suit from the last eighteen years. The man dresses up as a bat and fights crime, why does his suit need to be more "interesting"?

Comment

• kingdom warrior
      OH JES!!
      • Jul 21, 2005

and yet again they stay with the rubber suit..I really dislike the rubbersuits everyone reminds me of Keaton in them..... his suit were made cause he wasn't built. All the others could wear the comic book version.....no sir I don't like it...

This is the Best version IMO

Last edited by kingdom warrior; Jun 15, '07, 2:59 PM.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

Not much different than last time. More detail, but yet somehow more streamlined too. Kind of like Keaton's Returns suit. Remember he got the "armadillo" abs in that one.

I moaned when I saw Bale's Begins suit. I SOO wish they had left the rubber behind, especially after Dead End (seen above) proved the cloth costume could work on screen. BUT, Begins gave a damn good, believable explanation of the hows and whys of the suit, and it just makes sense. In todays world, it's harder to swallow jumping into a hale of bullets in pantyhose.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• Brue
          User without title
          • Sep 29, 2005

Warrior - I agree the only problem is you then have to fill the tights.

I think ths new suit is no better and no worse than the last one.

And I don't care for it.

I think you can go rubber as long as you keep it simple like the keaton one.

Comment

• Wolverine1969
            Career Member
            • Apr 7, 2005

Yep, that's a Batman suit alright.
            It was like that when I got here.

Comment

• Megotu
              jerk
              • Dec 16, 2001

I kind of like the explanation that it was originally designed as a US Military battlesuit that was scuttled. It makes sense. And even in the comic books, Batman had mentioned that his suit was at times made of Nomex and kevlar and other exotic materials. TDKR even had him explaining the yellow signal on his chest as a target for the steel shock plate.
              sigpic

Comment

• megojim
                Permanent Member
                • Oct 13, 2001

I too thought they gave a good "story" to Bale's suit in Begins. This one, it's ok, I just don't know why they have to trick it up another level each time . . . in the first three batman movies it eventually led to nipples!!!
                Simpler is better!
                My Custom Figures

1 Corinthians 9:24 - Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win!

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

I don't mind it being an armor, but just once I wish they'd try using the black and grey.
                  You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Hulk
                    Mayor of Megoville
                    • May 10, 2003

They should make him wear the cloth outfit beneath the armor, and just once when he doesn't have enough time to change into the full outfit, he has to go running around in his black and grey long johns.

Comment

• Meule
                      Verbose Member
                      • Nov 14, 2004

I too prefer the cloth costume like in Dead End, but I have to agree the armor makes more sense. But keep it simple then like Keaton's first suit. This new and 'improved" suit seems a little too high tech to me. But at least it doesn't have any nipples
                      And as long as the story is good I can live with it
                      "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Hector
                        el Hombre de Acero
                        • May 19, 2003

He looks like a cape-wearing RoboCop.
                        sigpic

Comment

• The Bat
                          Batman Fanatic
                          • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                          I don't mind it being an armor, but just once I wish they'd try using the black and grey.
                          YES!!! That's something I've been saying, as well...for a long time! I don't mind the Armor either, it makes sense...but why not make it black & grey? That way the Bat Symbol on His Chest would stand out more! Along with Gloves, Boots, Cape & Mask. Come'on Mr.Nolan...it's a small thing to ask!
                          sigpic

Comment

• Dave Mc
                            Administrator
                            • Oct 20, 2002

Sandy nailed the Batman look for me in Dead End. It worked, it looked cool, would love to see it in a major motion picture.

For some reason with each and every Bat flick they feel they have to upgrade the suit. The suit starts to be the focus and not the man underneath.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                              Moderation Engineer
                              • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by Hector
                              He looks like a cape-wearing RoboCop.
                              I was going to say Stormtrooper, but RoboCop is a better description. For some reason, it seems WB just can't get Batman right. Of all the Superhero stuff of the past 20-30 years, I think the batsuits are the worst.

John Wesley Shipp Flash
                              Reeves/Routh/Caine Superman
                              Daredevil
                              Elektra
                              Punisher
                              Spider-man
                              Ghost Rider
                              FF

I don't really like the X-men outfits, but I can't say I think they're bad.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎