X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • theantiquetiger
    Fra-gee-lay Thats Italian
    • Nov 12, 2005

What Happen's When Mother In Law Doesn't Work

My wife had me list these, maybe I should have put this post under auctions.

sigpic
  • RG
    Removed.
    • Oct 1, 2004

man , I thought this was going to be a post about how your mother in law gave away all your hobby stuff to the neighbor kid

Really with all that baby stuff, you could open one of those 2nd hand baby clothes conisgnment shops lol

Comment

• Meule
      Verbose Member
      • Nov 14, 2004

You should be grateful you have a mother-in-law like that. I don't know about the US, but baby clothes can be friggin expensive here
      "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• theantiquetiger
        • Nov 12, 2005

Originally posted by Meule
        You should be grateful you have a mother-in-law like that. I don't know about the US, but baby clothes can be friggin expensive here
        She was spending so much money on clothes, we told her to quit and if she wanted to get rid of the money, put the money in the girls' piggy banks instead of wasting it, because they will never get a chance to wear all the outfits. There are clothes there they never wore. Plus, these clothes don't even include the dresses she brought to the re-sale shop to buy more dresses, because they had out grown the others, or the two large bags I dropped off at the Goodwill store, or the large bag we made for a girl at my wife's work who is having a girl soon. My mother-in-law only lives a few miles away, and she comes over a couple times a week, and each time she comes, she has a hand full of clothes.

She has a mind like a steel trap and remembers every piece she brings over. She will ask my wife why hasn't Maddy or Morgan worn this outfit or that outfit? My wife doesn't even know what outfit she is talking about, until her mother goes and pulls out the outfit. It drives my wife crazy.

BTW, this money, if these sell, will also go in their piggy banks. When Morgan was born a year ago, we emptied Maddy's piggy bank and opened an acct in her name. She collected over $300 in loose change in 2 1/2 years from grandparents pockets, and me and my wife's change off the counter, Thank God for Coin Star, the 4% charge is well worth it.
        sigpic

Comment

• toys2cool
          Ultimate Mego Warrior
          • Nov 27, 2006

that's a great deal,if only i had a little girl
          "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
          My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Hulk
            Mayor of Megoville
            • May 10, 2003

Thank God for Coin Star, the 4% charge is well worth it.
            For supposedly being such a smart and thrifty guy, this comment blows me away.

First of all, they charge 8.9% on your money, not 4%. Even in Scarface, the bank only charged Tony Montana 10% to launder his drug money. This company is a worse ripoff than Paypal.

This is something that many banks will do for you for free, if you are willing to wait for them to send the money away and deposit in your account later. Maybe its because I do a lot of business with them, but all I had to do was ask. They handed me a sack, I dump my change in it. They seal it and put in a deposit slip. A few days later I notice the deposit on my ATM balances, and its always reliable. Basically they do this same thing for their business customers anyway.

Comment

• toys2cool
              Ultimate Mego Warrior
              • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by Hulk
              For supposedly being such a smart and thrifty guy, this comment blows me away.

First of all, they charge 8.9% on your money, not 4%. Even in Scarface, the bank only charged Tony Montana 10% to launder his drug money. This company is a worse ripoff than Paypal.

This is something that many banks will do for you for free, if you are willing to wait for them to send the money away and deposit in your account later. Maybe its because I do a lot of business with them, but all I had to do was ask. They handed me a sack, I dump my change in it. They seal it and put in a deposit slip. A few days later I notice the deposit on my ATM balances, and its always reliable. Basically they do this same thing for their business customers anyway.
              wow my bank just gives me the roll up slips and tells me to do it myself
              "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
              My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• theantiquetiger
                • Nov 12, 2005

Originally posted by toys2cool
                wow my bank just gives me the roll up slips and tells me to do it myself
                My bank does the same. 4%, 8%, what ever, it is worth it.
                sigpic

Comment

• Adam West
                  Museum CPA
                  • Apr 14, 2003

Originally posted by theantiquetiger
                  My bank does the same. 4%, 8%, what ever, it is worth it.
                  We have a local chain of banks around here called Chevy Chase Bank and they let you put your loose coins in and turn it in for greenbacks with no service charge whether you have an account with them or not.

I am a frugal person but personally, I would also pay the fee. Time is money to me. I work a lot of hours and the last thing I want to do is count out and roll pennies in my downtime. I'd gladly pay the fee and spend more time with my family.
                  "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
                  ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• Meule
                    Verbose Member
                    • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by Adam West
                    We have a local chain of banks around here called Chevy Chase Bank and they let you put your loose coins in and turn it in for greenbacks with no service charge whether you have an account with them or not.

I am a frugal person but personally, I would also pay the fee. Time is money to me. I work a lot of hours and the last thing I want to do is count out and roll pennies in my downtime. I'd gladly pay the fee and spend more time with my family.
                    What's with all this counting and rolling pennies? They have machines here that do that. You just chuck a whole bag of coins in them and the machine counts then and sorts them. And it doesn't cost a single penny to exchange those for bills
                    "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Hulk
                      Mayor of Megoville
                      • May 10, 2003

What's with all this counting and rolling pennies? They have machines here that do that. You just chuck a whole bag of coins in them and the machine counts then and sorts them. And it doesn't cost a single penny to exchange those for bills
                      This is America, where people have discovered ways to turn $100 into $91.10 in a matter of minutes, and the fun of it is you get to do all the work! The machine doesn't even spit out the cash, it lets you stand there for a few minutes, they give you a receipt to stand in line and turn that in to cash. Its like playing a guaranteed losing slot machine.

As I said before, I bring my huge jar in to the bank once or twice a year, wait for the next teller, hand her a deposit slip to put in a sack and walk away. Takes me a little longer to see the cash in my account, but I keep all of it.

No offense guys, but as Thomas Tusser once said...

Comment

• Meule
                        Verbose Member
                        • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by Hulk
                        This is America, where people have discovered ways to turn $100 into $91.10 in a matter of minutes, and the fun of it is you get to do all the work! The machine doesn't even spit out the cash, it lets you stand there for a few minutes, they give you a receipt to stand in line and turn that in to cash. Its like playing a guaranteed losing slot machine.

As I said before, I bring my huge jar in to the bank once or twice a year, wait for the next teller, hand her a deposit slip to put in a sack and walk away. Takes me a little longer to see the cash in my account, but I keep all of it.

No offense guys, but as Thomas Tusser once said...
                        Hmmm, long live small, insignificant countries then

Comment

• Adam West
                          Museum CPA
                          • Apr 14, 2003

Hmmm, long live small, insignificant countries then
                          Capitalism at its finest. I find it ridiculous to pay an ATM fee...I don't even know what it is since I don't use them $2.00 to take out $20?

My bank doesn't charge a fee regardless of where I use it but we don't have many ATM machines around.

For me, I just walk into a grocery store, buy a pack of gum, use my debit card and take an additional $50 out (no fee). I did pay for the pack of gum but that's about it.
                          "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
                          ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎