X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bionic Joe
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 10, 2006

CTVT lower white legs transplants

Just ordered a few CTVT Space 1999 figures and since i hear there bodies suck, i want to know if the lower white legs will work on a vintage type2 body or the bodies from DOC MEGO? anyone try it? thanks
  • Captain
    Fighting the good fight!
    • Jun 17, 2001

They do, but it's best to use the "undies" body part from the CTVT donor. I've only tried this twice, using Trek legs (before Doc made this obsolete). With the Mego "undies", the CTVT legs had a habit of sinking up into the body because the leg holes were ever so larger than the upper legs. Swapped Undies, and they worked fine.
    Mind you, this only happened on one of the swaps...the other worked out ok with the Mego pelvis!?
    "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• Bionic Joe
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 10, 2006

Wasn't planing on swaping the whole leg just the portion from the knee joint down

Comment

• Captain
        Fighting the good fight!
        • Jun 17, 2001

That might work....I have used Doc's knee pin replacements to fix a CTVT (God only knows why) so the hole is roughly (tight fit) the same size.
        "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• hyperjoe
          Museum Patron
          • Jul 2, 2008

Originally posted by Captain
          That might work....I have used Doc's knee pin replacements to fix a CTVT (God only knows why) so the hole is roughly (tight fit) the same size.
          LOL. Tell me about it. I just called CTV due to several of my figures having issues with their bodies. He sent me all new ones and even an extra figure.

Good service there.
          I am proud to be Americana. In today's society, I would be considered folklore -Me

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎