Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Return to Earth Two: JSA Annual (SPOILERS)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cosmicman
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 12, 2005

Return to Earth Two: JSA Annual (SPOILERS)

What a god damn sham!
    That have lead us to believe this whole time that Powergirl is "going home to her Earth 2.
    Well, she goes home to a "Earth 2" that looks like a "Earth 2" that was before Crisis. Same characters from that Infinity book...etc.

Apparently time has continued past the Crisis and they changed their name to The Justice Society Infinity.
    Robin is still there along with Star Spangled Kid and the Infinity versions of Wildcat and Dr. Midnite.
    They mention Jay and Alan are still alive but retired!
    Fury makes a comment about having to tell her mother something. So she must be still alive also.

Earth 2 Huntress meets up with the Earth 2 Joker after he sprays acid in her finance's face who was the current DA of Gotham. Apparently the Joker wanted to make a "new" Two-Face after the original one finally croaked of old age.

Joker looking about 80 some years old in a wheel chair, receding hair line and oxygen looks pretty scary. He tries to electrocute Huntress and Powergirl intercepts and he is killed by his own electrical joy buzzer. The death of the Earth 2 80 some year old Joker.

We all think this the real "Earth 2" and Powergirl's lost home until the shocking end when the real Powergirl shows up and she is ****ed off and calls our Powergirl an impostor and it is continued.

I am starting to believe that the multi universe is still intact and the modern comic age heroes we see in comics are apart of a universe that is outside the normal multiuniverse because the Dr. Fate and Spectre of "Earth 2" make a comment about hoping they were safe from these corrupted blood universes.

Not sure what it means. I am thinking that Earth 2 does exist and somehow time recreated a new Powergirl on that Earth. Something is really fishy. She does seem to be a little more violent then the normal.

To sum up,
    So, Power Girl falls from the sky in Earth-2 (where she was sent by Gog) and is found by Huntress (Helena Wayne). After bringing PG in for treatment and revives, we find out that the Earth-2 Justice Society and Infinity, Inc. have merged into Justice Society Infinity (JSI), with mostly Infinity, Inc. characters, many of whom are dead on "New Earth". In the subsequent discussion, we find out that Karen went to look for the missing Superman and Lois several years back, and this is the first they've seen of her since. She tells them the bad news from the Middle Crisis, which they have no knowledge of.

However, they do remember the parallel earths and red skies from the First Crisis, and had thought all other universes had been destroyed in it (which they were, just not in the way that they think). Lyta Trevor-Hall (Wonder Woman's daughter on Earth-2) says "Thank the gods they weren't. Mother will be so pleased." A telling clue for later...

Spectre and Dr. Fate (the originals!) come across each other near the scene of PG's fall to earth, and realize that the multiverse has reared its head again, and fear the consequences.

Karen can't sleep and encounters Helena, who is looking for the Joker, who tried to turn DA Harry Sims (Helena's bf) into a new Two-Face (the old one is dead) and apparently killed Alfred as well. They find him. Helena gets ready to kill the Joker, but Karen steps in first and Joker is electrocuted by the feedback one of his gimmicks.

Afterwards, Helena confesses that just before the Joker had intervened, the DA had proposed to her at some type of party (shades of "Dark Knight"!) and she was about to turn him down - because she's really been in love with Dick Grayson (Robin) all her life. After some nice bonding moments - another Power Girl appears! This one verifies her identity as the "real" PG (who never found her cousin), and by the end of the story the entire active JSI (17 members!) is hunting down the New Earth version. To be continued in the pages of the regular JSA comic...

Thoughts: A telling moment was when Lyta mentioned her mom, because the Earth-Two (pre-First Crisis) Wonder Woman left our plane of reality, during the Middle Crisis. No, Earth-Two and Earth-2 (the current one) are two different Earths, and the Karen who has been on New Earth was from Earth-Two. Which means that the Superman and Lois of Earth-2 might still be alive...that, and the Huntress-Robin subplot are likely to be resolved during the JSA Earth-2 story.

If course it is to be continued...where the JSI of Earth Two continue to chase after our Powergirl for answers with the real Powergirl of Earth 2 is leading the pack in anger.

Thoughts? Anyone?
    Last edited by Cosmicman; Jul 31, '08, 8:28 PM.
    More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

My head hurts. I haven't gotten this one yet, but I knew it may be a while before I got to a comic shop so I read your post. I heard there was a twist.

Just from what you wrote here, I think you may be on to something about the ORIGINAL multiverse still existing. I've long thought DC could solve all it's continuity problems by just treating the Post-Crisis, Post-Zero Hour Earth as just another Earth that was inaccessible to the old multiverse. And heck since DC is undoing much of what was new to "New Earth" they might as well go back to Earth One as the main Earth anyway.

Huntress and E2 Robin huh? Man, that is an old thread! And Harry Sims, Huntress' actual beau from her old WW backup series. Wow, Johns is good.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

Never could stand Infinity Inc, so I hope this gets blown to hell by Morrison.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• The Toyroom
        The Packaging King
        • Dec 31, 2004

I knew it wouldn't be the real Earth-Two...that's they way they've set up all of these other earths since "52" (i.e. Earth-10 is similar to the pre-Crisis Earth-X, Earth-5 is similar to Earth-S, etc.). Don't they realize that if they're going to return the multi-verse, people want the real deal and not facsimiles?
        Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• Cosmicman
          Permanent Member
          • Jul 12, 2005

Yeah, I have been studying that book more. Here are two other reasons why I believe this isn't the REAL Earth-2.
          Two Reasons Why This Is Not The Original Earth-2 First we see a picture of Batman on the wall. This picture of Batman has a yellow oval around the bat on his chest. The real Earth-2 Batman NEVER EVER had this yellow oval.

Second, we see the Spectre. The real Earth-2 Spectre left the real Earth-2 to live on Earth-1. There were NEVER 2 Spectres, only a single one. If this earth we see in the book was the real Earth-2, there should be NO Spectre on it, since he left it in the 1960's (real world time) and he never returned. He remained on Earth-1.
          More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...

Comment

• The Toyroom
            The Packaging King
            • Dec 31, 2004

Originally posted by Wrathdemon
            Yeah, I have been studying that book more. Here are two other reasons why I believe this isn't the REAL Earth-2.
            Two Reasons Why This Is Not The Original Earth-2 First we see a picture of Batman on the wall. This picture of Batman has a yellow oval around the bat on his chest. The real Earth-2 Batman NEVER EVER had this yellow oval.
            Geoff Johns is good with those little details...so that's definitely a deliberate move on his part.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

Sooo...is this the same Earth 2 we saw in 52 where everyone had S&M collars?

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• jds1911a1
                Alan Scott is the best GL
                • Aug 8, 2007

thanks for the info Demon I think I will wait on this one till it shows up pre read on ebay

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

I finally picked this issue up and read it. A real treat for a guy with a screen name like myself.

I noticed the Batman picture with the oval symbol. I guess it's possible that it's a picture of the Earth 1 Batman, since obviously they used to crossover to other Earths, pre-Crisis.

One other odd picture; In the JSI meeting room, when "our" Powergirl busts in, you can see a photo on the wall that is based on the cover of All-Star Comics #3, the first appearance of the JSA. BUT, this time it has the 8 founding members, PLUS Wonder Woman. Now, WW didn't debut until All-Star #8, so this may be a clue that Earth 2 isn't what it seems. It could also be an artistic choice on Ordway's part to show WW was really important to the GA JSA. I know it can't be a mistake. Ordway redrew that cover MANY times during the 80s.

It would be interesting if they did say that the New Earth is a by-product of the Crisis, and not the "merged Earth" we've been told about for the past 22 years. Characters who remember Earth 2 like PG could be chalked up to the chaotic creation of said New Earth. After all, EVERYONE remembered the multiverse at first, and I think they were intended to, until DC editorial decided it was too much of a compromise to the new continuity. It would also help explain all the hiccups over the years in the New Earth storylines.

Of course it would pretty much make the "modern" versions of the characters fake, but then again, that wouldn't really bother me, given the direction the DCU has slid into over the last two decades...

I've pretty much given up on monthly comics, although I have picked up several months worth of JSA every time I'm in a shop. I'll have to keep up with this one. Looks like it's definitely worth following.
                  sigpic

Comment

• The Toyroom
                    The Packaging King
                    • Dec 31, 2004

I still haven't been able to snag a copy of this one...doh!

Comment

• megocanada
                      Permanent Member
                      • Apr 18, 2003

I've read it and love the idea of a Earth-2 JSA. I know it's JSI but it's the closest thing to the original JSA. I'm wondering what happened to that world's Superman and Lois? I was really upset when they killed Kal-L in the Infinite Crisis.
                      the greatest Superman of all time Earth 2 Superman

Comment

• LadyZod
                        Superman's Gal Pal
                        • Jan 27, 2007

Maybe THAT world's Kal-L and Lois live in that paradise dimension that was seen in The Kingdom.

Remember that one, where there's a lone figure constantly trying to break out and it turns out to be Superman?

I mean considering how this whole JSA stoyline hinges on Gog-Magog...
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                        My life through toys: Tales from the Toybox!
                        Check out my art:
                        Art Portfolio@Redbubble
                        Art Portfolio@Tumblr

Comment

• The Toyroom
                          The Packaging King
                          • Dec 31, 2004

Originally posted by LadyZod
                          Remember that one, where there's a lone figure constantly trying to break out and it turns out to be Superman?
                          That also could have been the Earth-2 Supes who escaped from his limbo dimension during "Infinite Crisis", no?

Comment

• LadyZod
                            Superman's Gal Pal
                            • Jan 27, 2007

Originally posted by The Toyroom
                            That also could have been the Earth-2 Supes who escaped from his limbo dimension during "Infinite Crisis", no?
                            Possibly, however if I recall, the limbo dimension in which the Supes from Infinite Crisis broke out from was different looking than the limbo dimension from the Kingdom. I know, not much to go on, but at the end of the Kingdom, it's shown that that particular Superman KNOWS he can leave at any time, and that he just chooses not to. The Supes from IC broke out, but not without help from Superboy Prime (who weakned the structure of limbo.)

I figure, if there are 2 Powergirls, and 2 earth 2's, there can be 2 Kal L's.
                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                            My life through toys: Tales from the Toybox!
                            Check out my art:
                            Art Portfolio@Redbubble
                            Art Portfolio@Tumblr

Comment

• The Toyroom
                              The Packaging King
                              • Dec 31, 2004

Originally posted by LadyZod
                              Possibly, however if I recall, the limbo dimension in which the Supes from Infinite Crisis broke out from was different looking than the limbo dimension from the Kingdom. I know, not much to go on, but at the end of the Kingdom, it's shown that that particular Superman KNOWS he can leave at any time, and that he just chooses not to. The Supes from IC broke out, but not without help from Superboy Prime (who weakned the structure of limbo.)

I figure, if there are 2 Powergirls, and 2 earth 2's, there can be 2 Kal L's.
                              By rights though, there should be only one Kal-L.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎