Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about a mego customer~ WHAT DO I DO?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wildstar
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 1, 2005

Question about a mego customer~ WHAT DO I DO?

How would you guys handle this? A person from France bought 3 megos from me.

He paid with a certifed check from the United States~~

His E-bay info has 1 address and the check has another address from him in France.

The check is drawn on a bank in New York~

I 've e-mailed him 3 times both throuhh Standard e-mail and E-bay messaging to let him know I rec'd his payment and can he please clarify his address for me.

It is a good amount of money and I just want to be sure i send his megos to the right place~

I'm just seeing how other members would handle this~~ I want to mail his megos right out to him International Prioirty mail with tracking, I just do not want them going to the wrong place~

Thanks Wildstar~
  • ABMAC
    User
    • May 16, 2002

Unless he asked you to use the address on the check, go with the one supplied through eBay. International transactions often require bidding and payment by proxy.

Comment

• Wee67
      Museum Correspondent
      • Apr 2, 2002

I think you're on the right path. Continue to try to make sure you have the right address with e-mails. I know, as a buyer, I'd be upset if my expensive stuff was sent to the wrong place.

After you've givien him some time, I feel you have to send it to the mailing address.
      WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• English Paul
        Archive cased.
        • Aug 17, 2005

You know, i`ve had nothing but trouble with French buyers. It got to the point where I excluded France from my auctions. Only recently have I lifted that and the last sale I made went OK.
        I`d be patient and keep contacting them for now hoping you get an answer.
        "I should say I`m very much cleverer than any of the people who put me here. As a matter of fact, I could leave any time I wanted. It`s only a doll`s house after all. Anyway, I don`t mind. I like dolls" - The Mad Hatter, Arkham Asylum.

Comment

• Hulk
          Mayor of Megoville
          • May 10, 2003

Without clear direction from the buyer as to the address they want the package delivered to, preferably through the ebay message system, I would be very hesitant to send the package out.

Comment

• MegoSteve
            Superman's Pal
            • Jun 17, 2005

Are you absolutely certain that the check isn't a forgery? This sounds like a scam, but I'm paranoid.

If the check is for more money than the figures cost and he expects a refund of the difference, I would run away screaming.

Comment

• toys2cool
              Ultimate Mego Warrior
              • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by MegoSteve
              Are you absolutely certain that the check isn't a forgery? This sounds like a scam, but I'm paranoid.

If the check is for more money than the figures cost and he expects a refund of the difference, I would run away screaming.
              That's exactly what i was thinking,I almost got arrested when i sold a car like 3 years ago on ebay,sold the car for $4,500 and received a check for $7,000 asking for the difference back ,I asked the teller to double check and make sure it was legit,next thing I know there's 200 cops outside the bank telling me to step out with my hands up,pretty darn embarrassing
              "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
              My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• grayhank
                That Fisher Price Guy
                • Feb 9, 2007

Have you tried calling the bank where the check is certified from? Tell them you received the check, it has the account numbers on it, ask if they can verify the check and the address.

(BTW - I've never heard of a certified check. Cashiers Check or Certified Mail yes)
                Scott D Thompson | Facebook

Comment

• Dave Mc
                  Administrator
                  • Oct 20, 2002

Ebay address for sure.

Comment

• Meule
                    Verbose Member
                    • Nov 14, 2004

Yep, definitely eBay address, but it doesn't hurt contacting him to be absolutely sure
                    "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Wildstar
                      Veteran Member
                      • Mar 1, 2005

Thanks for all of the input~ 1st I was thinkng E-bay address, but what if just recently moved, I have seen that before as to when i rec a payment and the address is different than thier mailing address.

The check is good, as I have already deposited it and the funds are still in my account~

The thing i'm most worried about is looking at my feedback and seeing 2 negatives~

Well after all of teh advice here is what I decided~ Since I clearly have 2 different addresses, I am just going to have to wait for him to e-mail me for exact claification~

I just cannot risk sending this parcel to an address I am unsure of~

Again~ Thans for all of yor input~

Wildstar~~~~

Comment

• johnmiic
                        Adrift
                        • Sep 6, 2002

I would say if he doesn't clear up the confusion you go Gamilon on his ***!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎