X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Steeler80
    Mayor of Strunk
    • Jun 29, 2001

Comics I wrote on Amazon!

The comic series that I wrote has its first two issues up for preorder on Amazon. It's such a huge thrill to be able to search your name on the site and actually come up with something.

Amazon.com: Elemental Fources #1: Crisman Strunk, Eric Mullarky, John Becaro, Ernest Jocson: Books

Amazon.com: Elemental Fources #2: Crisman Strunk, Eric Mullarky, John Becaro, Ernest Jocson: Books

Anyway, I didn't post this for shilling purposes, just to share my excitement. But you won't hurt my feelings at all if you want to check them out. Why look, there's a handy link at the top of this page!
  • Cosmicman
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 12, 2005

Happy for you! I wish I could get my stuff published. I have been sitting on my stuff and passing it around to editors for awhile. Makes me happy when I see someone who is happy to have their writing up and running!
    More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...

Comment

• toys2cool
      Ultimate Mego Warrior
      • Nov 27, 2006

How cool is that?!? congrats bro
      "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
      My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Raydeen1
        Persistent Member
        • May 23, 2008

Awesome.

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
          MeGoing
          • May 14, 2003

I am really proud of, and excited, for you!

Comment

• AUSSIE-Rebooted-AMM
            I was NEVER here!
            • Jun 22, 2008

OK. . .how much for the Autographed copies. . and when is the movie coming out?

So you wrote the dialogue/story. . and someone else illustrates or do you do both!

Congratulations.

Comment

• Adam West
              Museum CPA
              • Apr 14, 2003

That's great!

I'll definitely be ordering a copy of each.
              "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
              ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• plaztekman
                Career Member
                • Apr 27, 2008

Woohoo! Congratulations
                Check out my photoblog: http://megomuseum.com/community/blog...773-plaztekman

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

That's awesome Crisman. It's quit a feeling to see your name in the credits like that. Congrats!

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• Airdave817
                    Satellite Monitor Duty
                    • May 31, 2007

Awesome! Very cool! Congratulations!
                    (I'll drop you a pm - if you don't mind for details on getting an autographed copy!)

[I've done some script-writing but haven't been able to find an artists interested. I've looked online, and around town and most artists are either working on their own ideas or looking to be the next big thing. If you know of an artist or are an artist that is looking to collaborate on a project - or just humor a penniless radio personality - let me know.]

Do you have a homepage for the project?
                    Shameless self-promotion -
                    Earth-Dave
                    KROC-FM
                    Look for me as Dave Berg on Facebook!

sigpic
                    "Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!"

Comment

• palitoy
                      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                      • Jun 16, 2001

That's quite an achievement, congrats! I also really like the new baby logo....
                      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Steeler80
                        Mayor of Strunk
                        • Jun 29, 2001

Thanks very much for all of the kind words!

This was actually my first paying project. I've had some short stories published in comic anthologies, but the publisher had placed an ad, wanting a writer to flesh out his vision for this world he had created. I responded to the ad and got the job.

This was written as a 6 part mini-series but I know he has a lot more he's wanting to do with this. I'm hoping that the series sells well so we can work on another mini-series or, hopefully, even an ongoing.

Right now, issues #1 and #2 are at the printers and should be out very shortly. The pencils for issue #3 are done and the inks are on their way. Eric (the publisher) is working on an official web page. I'll post the link when he's gotten it done.

As for autographed copies, I will have some copies on hand to help sell when the issues come out. I'd be happy to send anyone an autographed copy if they want one (and you have no idea how weird it makes me feel to talk about an autographed copy of my work, but in a good way ).

At any rate, thanks very much for the kind wishes. It really means a lot to me how nice people are here and how, even though I don't make it here as much as I used to, how I think of this place as my internet home.

And that's enough sap for one post.

Comment

• Steeler80
                          Mayor of Strunk
                          • Jun 29, 2001

Originally posted by Airdave817
                          Awesome! Very cool! Congratulations!
                          (I'll drop you a pm - if you don't mind for details on getting an autographed copy!)

[I've done some script-writing but haven't been able to find an artists interested. I've looked online, and around town and most artists are either working on their own ideas or looking to be the next big thing. If you know of an artist or are an artist that is looking to collaborate on a project - or just humor a penniless radio personality - let me know.]

Do you have a homepage for the project?

I forgot to address this in my other post but digitalwebbing.com is a great place to post for finding artists. I've met most of the artists I've worked with there (all but one actually). The thing is most publishers want 5 pages of sample art for any submission, and you have to have the art done if you're submitting a short story to a comic anthology. It's a process of getting the best artist you can afford to work on these pages, so it is an outlay of money.

It's always good to be as friendly and professional in these endeavors as you can. I've made some really good contacts (actually I can count several of the artists I've worked with as friends) and artists I've paid to draw my stuff in the past have come back to me to write the scripts for ideas they have or have sent other jobs my way (one of my artists friends sent me the link for the Elemental Fources job). I don't turn down anything and try to do my best work at anything I'm doing and that has seemed to pay off so far.

I'm sure Chris could add a lot more to this as I'd say he's seen more of the publishing side of things.
                          Last edited by Steeler80; Jul 28, '08, 9:22 PM.

Comment

• garagesale
                            Dept. of Mego Studies
                            • Aug 8, 2006

This looks terrific!

JamesD

http://www.libarts.uco.edu/english/adjunct/dolph/

THANKS!

Comment

• Steeler80
                              Mayor of Strunk
                              • Jun 29, 2001

I got my complimentary copies today and it is a huge thrill for me to see my name on the front of a book. I've had some short stories published in anthologies (which is pretty darn cool itself) but to hold a book in your hand and know that you wrote the thing is a great feeling.

Here's the link to the comic space site about the book that tells more about it: ComicSpace - ElementalFources's Space.

I'm wanting to help the editor out as much as I can. Does anyone know of sites where we can send copies for review? I had been making a list for my own series but I've misplaced it.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎