X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bo8a_Fett
    Pat Troughton in disguise
    • Nov 21, 2007

Battlefield

Recently got back into playing Battlefield 2 and 1942....and am amazed how it's STILL such a GREAT online war game.
    Any other players out there?
    ENGLISH AND DAMN PROUD OF IT British by birth....English by the grace of God. Yes Jamie...it is big isn't it....
  • AUSSIE-Rebooted-AMM
    I was NEVER here!
    • Jun 22, 2008

I used to play A LOT of Counterstrike : Source.

I own Battlefield2 and a lot of my friends play it. . .but I have only looked at it once. . .I kinda gave the computer away/wide berth from a year or so. . .and got out of the habbit. BF2 DOES look completely awesome though!

Doctor Who. . . no reason. . .just to make Rger feel at home!

Comment

• The Bat
      Batman Fanatic
      • Jul 14, 2002

After playing the Demo...I decided not to buy the Game. It just can't touch "Call of Duty:4"! COD4 has raised the Bar....anybody that wants to sell me a FPS...has to live up to that standard.
      sigpic

Comment

• toys2cool
        Ultimate Mego Warrior
        • Nov 27, 2006

yeah it's Call of duty and Black hawk down for me
        "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
        My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Bo8a_Fett
          • Nov 21, 2007

It's not the graphics or 3rd generation stuff that interests me...yes cod 4 is awesome as a single player but the online is still basically a deathmatch and i'm bored with that. What battlefield does is inspire teamwork amongst its players...you have to have squads of different types to press forward and take bases.....snipers covering...special forces and assault backed up by support and medics and vehicles(tanks, apcs, jets, choppers, boats) supported by mechanics.....if you dont do that you lose...pure and simple.
          and thats why I love it as an online game.
          ENGLISH AND DAMN PROUD OF IT British by birth....English by the grace of God. Yes Jamie...it is big isn't it....

Comment

• toys2cool
            Ultimate Mego Warrior
            • Nov 27, 2006

I use to like playing in teams like that,but when you get stuck with crappy people online it takes the fun out of it,I like playing mostly death match and just worry about myself
            "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
            My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Bo8a_Fett
              • Nov 21, 2007

I used to like sniping in black hawk down...and the rest of the delta force series.....man you even had to allow for bullet drop and wind on that game....but they got samey ...battlefield as you say is frustrating when you're in a crap team...but when people pull together in the game it's special.

Comment

• The Bat
                Batman Fanatic
                • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by toys2cool
                I use to like playing in teams like that,but when you get stuck with crappy people online it takes the fun out of it,I like playing mostly death match and just worry about myself

You hit the Nail on the Head Brother! I've gone into Battlefield...and have My whole Team run off in different direction...leaving Me to defend the Base by Myself. So...I just climb up onto a Roof and Snipe until the other Team overwhelms Me.

To play Battlefield...You need a "Clan", or regular Group of Guys to play with...or it's not fun.

Black Hawk Down....was almost a good Game.The Physics Engine was EXCELLENT, very percise aiming controls. But over all...they blew it!
                Last edited by The Bat; Jul 26, '08, 9:31 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

• lepage
                  The Ape General
                  • Aug 12, 2001

I just made the big leap and coughed up the bread for an xbox 360.
                  I said I would never do it until the prices dropped but they are not releasing any of my favorite games on the regular xbox (which I have) with exception to splinter cell "double agent".
                  I love all the Call of dutys but have not purchased the modern warfare one yet. I am also a huge fan of the Medal of honors which I did purchase as one of my first x360 games (medal of honor "airborne") which has prooven to be an awesone game already.
                  I also purchase Rainbow 6 "Vegas". I am a huge fan of all the Rainbow 6 games and I am sure this one will be great.

I dont think there is anything better then a 1st person shooter especially when its historically accurate.

Its not a WW2 game but I did buy and play Bioshock which was IMO excellant!

Comment

• lepage
                    The Ape General
                    • Aug 12, 2001

I am interested in this one....

Sniper Elite (Xbox) COMPLETE ($5 Priority Shipping) - eBay (item 150274785636 end time Jul-31-08 1800 PDT)

Has anyone played it and if so did you like it!?

Dave

Comment

• Bo8a_Fett
                      • Nov 21, 2007

Yeah I played sniper elite....not bad at all....steep learning curve though.
                      Although you are a sniper you fight against tanks and use other weapons too....quite liked it until I got to(what I thought at the time) an incredibly hard mission protecting somebody (I hate parts in games like that) and after about 5 or 6 attempts gave up never to play it again.
                      May dig it out soon and have another look.

Comment

• The Bat
                        Batman Fanatic
                        • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by lepage
                        I just made the big leap and coughed up the bread for an xbox 360.
                        I love all the Call of dutys but have not purchased the modern warfare one yet. I am also a huge fan of the Medal of honors which I did purchase as one of my first x360 games (medal of honor "airborne") which has prooven to be an awesone game already.
                        I also purchase Rainbow 6 "Vegas". I am a huge fan of all the Rainbow 6 games and I am sure this one will be great.

I dont think there is anything better then a 1st person shooter especially when its historically accurate.

Call of Duty 2 & 4 both blow MOH away!! Cod2 is The BEST WW2 game to date...and unlike MOH:Airbourne...Your Ememies are extremely SMART(Verteran level is BRUTAL!). COD4 is, hands down the BEST FPS Game on the 360 right now(#1 most played online Xlive Game every week!)...and just like COD2...the Campaign ROCKS as well! This is coming from a once HALO Fanatic!
                        LOVE RB6:Vegas...and like #2 as well....but was very disappointed they took away 4 man Co-Op!????? Now it's two people...with two A.I. Guys.

BTW Dave....My Gamertag is CPT SHAW....shoot Me a Friend request!
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎