Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Danzig 13
    • Jun 12, 2007

Shazam Question...

I recently found a Shazam in a collector shop...He has his boots, cape and emblem and seems in real good shape. My question is: He seems to have some stains on the yellow cuffs of his suit(Possibly stripes drawn with a marker by a child). Can these be washed out or cleaned?? He has a $50.00 price tag and I wonder if it is worth it. The stripes are very faint, but still a bit noticible.

Also just a tip, There is a thing called a "Magic Erasere" and it looks like a sponge, when wet this can take even sharpie marker ink off of vinyl, or plastic. I have used it to restore many plastic toys to very good shape again. It will even remove the yellowing of age. It is a great asset in my toy restoring box (along with my bottle of goo gone..LOL) Just thought I would throw that in.....

Anyway your thoughts on Shazam would be appreciated.....

This is a GREAT club!!!!!

Dan C.
  • Danzig 13
    • Jun 12, 2007

Well since no one replied let me tell ya...my buddy told me to try a stain removing pen. I chose a generic one that will remove blood and grease from material. I gotta say it woorked pretty good. I can post a pic of my new find if someone tells me which forrun to post a "new find" in.....

Also here is the scoop...It is a T1 shazam with original boots and cape and a nice lightning bolt emblem on his chest...also has Mego 1973 stamped on the back of his neck??

Is he worth $50...he isn't perfect but in very nice condition.....

Comment

• saildog
      Permanent Member
      • Apr 9, 2006

Heya', Danzig...

I am no expert (by any stretch), but you paid $10 less than I did for mine and I felt like I got a good deal. A decent Captain Marvel was pretty hard for me to find so I was just happy to get one.

Comment

• Danzig 13
        • Jun 12, 2007

Yay a reply....
        I thought it was a good deal.... but I wasn't sure...but the nice thing was I traded in a couple of movies and videogames I was no longer playing or watching and got $50 in trade credit...So I didn't really have to pay for it outright....

Thanks for the reply,
        Dan

Comment

• ABMAC
          User
          • May 16, 2002

No offense intended, Dan. It's just that some of us acquired our figures so long ago that we don't know what they're selling for now, and we usually leave the laundry questions for Flynne, our resident expert.

Comment

• Danzig 13
            • Jun 12, 2007

Oh no offense taken.....

I kind of forget that some of you guys/gals have been collecting for a long time....I now own 6 Mego figures and am very excited to add more to my collection. I have to say I really like all the nice welcomes and comments. This is a very friendly site and I look foreward to talking more with Mego fans....

Dan C.

Comment

• Marvelmania
              A Ray of Sunshine
              • Jun 17, 2001

To me if the cape, boots and emblem are original that's a heck of a deal.

Comment

• Hulk
                Mayor of Megoville
                • May 10, 2003

An original emblem would definitely may that a good deal. The cape would be a nice bonus as well.

Comment

• Dave Mc
                  Administrator
                  • Oct 20, 2002

If it has an original emblem, it's worth it to me. I've dropped that kind of coin just to get a nice original emblem before without thinking about it. The figure can be had for less, original emblems on loose figures are rare.

As for the laundry questions, as Anthony said, Flynne is the man, so most of us defer to him. He isn't always around every day, so sometimes it takes more than a couple hours, or even days to get a response. If he doesn't see the thread, PM him, he'll help you out.

Comment

• The Sentry
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jun 3, 2007

I've seen em go for more on EBAY, so if it's there and in good shape (with original emblem) I would say go for it. But like the others I am far from an expert, just stating what I know and what I would give, currently I'm restoring a type one Shazam as we speak and the only thing repro will be the cape and emblem. Just to hard to find them for cheap these days.
                    sigpic
                    http://facebook.com/Lee.Harrah.99
                    https://www.facebook.com/pages/HARRA...755356&sk=info
                    [url]https://www.reverbnation.com/harrah99?profile_view_source=header_icon_nav[url]

Comment

• hobub
                      Ghost of a Dead Indian
                      • Jun 18, 2001

If it has an original emblem, it's worth it to me. I've dropped that kind of coin just to get a nice original emblem before without thinking about it. The figure can be had for less, original emblems on loose figures are rare.
                      "Genuine Mego Parts" as they say.
                      Last edited by hobub; Jun 19, '07, 6:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎