X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • goldenryan
    coy member
    • Jul 13, 2007

green lantern movie?

i've heard it was planned? anybody have any updates?
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

I'm just glad it was shot down as a Jack Black vehicle.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• kingdom warrior
      OH JES!!
      • Jul 21, 2005

Originally posted by thunderbolt
      I'm just glad it was shot down as a Jack Black vehicle.
      True But, in a silly way as long as it wasn't Hal Jordan...it may have worked as a comedy. Black playing a comic book geek with a ring that pretty much can be made into any shape would be funny.

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

^^^ And it might have ruined the character of Kyle Raynor. That would have been a plus.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• kingdom warrior
          OH JES!!
          • Jul 21, 2005

^^^ And it might have ruined the character of Kyle Raynor. That would have been a plus.
          lol! ewwww Raynor, Stewart and the other GL idiot with the jacket who was with the JLA in the 80's and early 90's....If it's not Hal jordan i don't want this movie made.

Comment

• Random Axe
            The Voice of Reason
            • Apr 16, 2008

I don't know how deep it is into development, but I'd heard some casting tidbits that make sense and that don't at all.

Ryan Reynolds who has been linked to a few FLash proposals floating around has now been mentioned as Hal Jordan. He may be a bit smarmy for the role.

Kneau Reeves has also been mentioned, though he would be way too stiff and emotionless for the role. Now Sinestro on the other hand....

HAyden Christensen has also popped on the radar, but he lacks talent for the job. Actually he lacks the proper acting skills for a toilet paper commercial.

The movie is tentatively penciled in for 2010, but I doubt that highly.

Scott
            I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• Captain
              Fighting the good fight!
              • Jun 17, 2001

Warner and DC recently had a much publicised meeting over the future of all their movie projects. That meeting seems to have overruled everything in the pipelines, as the new plan dictates what comes out and when...much as Marvel has done.

Dark Horizons had some updated rumors the other day, but they are gone now? One had a complete relaunch of Superman...new cast, new director, and an entirely new direction. I believe they also mentioned the Wonder Woman film was being pushed up, and the JLA movie was officially dead.
              "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• twilitezoner
                Veteran Member
                • Nov 18, 2007

Originally posted by Captain
                Warner and DC recently had a much publicised meeting over the future of all their movie projects. That meeting seems to have overruled everything in the pipelines, as the new plan dictates what comes out and when...much as Marvel has done.

Dark Horizons had some updated rumors the other day, but they are gone now? One had a complete relaunch of Superman...new cast, new director, and an entirely new direction. I believe they also mentioned the Wonder Woman film was being pushed up, and the JLA movie was officially dead.
                Supposedly Warner Bros has recently stated that Brandon Routh is their guy to be Superman. Which is just as well, considering he is as close to Christopher Reeve as they probably would have gotten. Routh was not the reason SR was a turd.
                Last edited by twilitezoner; Jul 20, '08, 7:02 PM.

Comment

• saildog
                  Permanent Member
                  • Apr 9, 2006

I think a Green Lantern Movie could be made to appeal as broadly an audience as say, Spider-Man. IF they are true to the character, I think most anyone could identify. GL is every bit as sympathetic character as Spider-Man, Batman, or Iron Man and that is what an audience wants. Done the right way, it could be a smash, but as a comedy, it would suck eggs.

Comment

• twilitezoner
                    Veteran Member
                    • Nov 18, 2007

Originally posted by Random Axe
                    I don't know how deep it is into development, but I'd heard some casting tidbits that make sense and that don't at all.

Ryan Reynolds who has been linked to a few FLash proposals floating around has now been mentioned as Hal Jordan. He may be a bit smarmy for the role.

Kneau Reeves has also been mentioned, though he would be way too stiff and emotionless for the role. Now Sinestro on the other hand....

HAyden Christensen has also popped on the radar, but he lacks talent for the job. Actually he lacks the proper acting skills for a toilet paper commercial.

The movie is tentatively penciled in for 2010, but I doubt that highly.

Scott
                    Ryan Reynolds would be perfect for the Flash. As far as Green Lantern goes, how about the guy who voiced him in New Frontier, David Boreanaz?

Comment

• saildog
                      Permanent Member
                      • Apr 9, 2006

Originally posted by Random Axe

Scott

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

Keanu Reeves has been linked to the Wachowski Bros. Plastic Man. Why not just get Jim Carrey?????

Comment

• goldenryan
                          coy member
                          • Jul 13, 2007

the funny thing is green lantern's (hal jordan) apperance is based on on a hollywood actor (paul newman).

Comment

• BlackKnight
                            The DarkSide Customizer
                            • Apr 16, 2005

Man,... I'd give my left,.. er you know to see a Green Lantern Movie,.. let alone a well done Trilogy.

On a side note,.. if Reynolds could be the Flash,.. that would be perfect for me. The guy is fantastic,.. & talks about as much trash as the Flash does, in all his movies.
                            ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• kingdom warrior
                              OH JES!!
                              • Jul 21, 2005

Keanu Reeves has been linked to the Wachowski Bros. Plastic Man. Why not just get Jim Carrey?????
                              Hello! Yup! I've been saying this for awhile how awesome would it be for Carrey to play Plas.............

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎