Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WHAT?! No Comic Adaptations of Super Hero Movies of 2008? What Gives?!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • filmation batman fan
    The Man of Many Voices
    • Aug 30, 2005

WHAT?! No Comic Adaptations of Super Hero Movies of 2008? What Gives?!

When a Super Hero movie comes out, (for me, it's with Batman) part of the hype includes several different books I like to buy.

1: The Paperback novelization.

2: The Comic Book Adaptation of the movies with well drawn likenesses of the actors.

3: The Making of movie books.

This year, I have seen NONE of these. Well, let me take that back. I've only seen paperback novelizations of Iron Man and the Incredible Hulk, but surprisingly, nothing for the Dark Knight. I'm usually accustomed to seeing all three of these books for a Batman movie.

Has anybody got any ideas, guesses or theories as to why we haven't seen any Dark Knight books of any kinds (yet)?

Cheers.
  • The Toyroom
    The Packaging King
    • Dec 31, 2004

There's a "Dark Knight" novelization paperback out now written by Denny O'Neil (natch) based on the movie screenplay.

You're right....no comic book adaptation. There was for "Batman Begins" though I believe.

I did see a "Batmobile Owner's Manual" that looks like it's devoted to just the current movie Batmobile...sorta like a pop-up book. Kinda pricey considering there's not a lot in it. I'd have preferred an owner's manual that covered a wide-range of Batmobiles from all media over the years.
    Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

Dark Horse did the Indiana Jones adaptation. I'm guessing those things are kinda passe nowadays.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• kingdom warrior
        OH JES!!
        • Jul 21, 2005

It's a shame I like the Comic Book adaptions and the paperbacks....I really liked the comic adaptations especially the first one that Jerry Ordway did. It's the best of the books and his artwork is spot on. i like the way he bulked up Keaton in the art.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎