X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blue Meanie
    Banned
    • Jun 23, 2001

I HATE buying re-mastered CD's....

But todays re-mastered CD purchase was well worth the 18 bucks I spent. Today they re-issued a re-mastered set of Traveling Wilbury's Vol. 1 and Volume 3 with an additional DVD and 2 extra tracks which were released on the CD Singles. The DVD was worth the 18 bucks on it's own. The DVD had 5 Wilburys Videos and it also had "The Wilburys Story" from it's concept, as friends helping George Harrison out on a song he was working on, to the finished produced Album/CD. It's a lot of home video footage at Dave Stewart's (Eurythmics) house with voice over by all the Wilburys. Just a great set. Two great CD's that I have put in my top 10 of all time favorite Albums/CD's. It also goes to show how great a producer Jeff Lynne is. The guy is a genius. This album was basically recorded in Dave Stewarts home studio...which was his kitchen!!??!! Great stuff and GREAT MUSIC!!! Go out and get it...it's worth the 18 bucks.
  • nvmbrsdoom5
    Persistent Member
    • Mar 1, 2005

I didn't realise they were finally re-releasing these again on cd, remastered. I will most definitely pick these up. Vol. 1 is one of my favorite albums of all time, actually. You're right about Jeff Lynne, the guy is extremely talented, plus his production style is so unique and identifiable, and suited artists like Petty and Harrison so well. I love Jeff's performance on the Concert for George dvd.

I'll definitely be picking these up, thanks for the tip!

Comment

• JDeRouen
      Author of Small Things
      • Jun 14, 2001

Well, I tried to buy the set. I really did. Amazon says they will have them in stock in "1-2 weeks" (yikes!) and Wal-Mart didn't have them at all.

Guess I'm going to Best Buy after all!

Joe
      --
      Order Small Things, my contemporary fantasy novel featuring Megos, at http://joederouen.com/?page_id=176

Comment

• johnmiic
        Adrift
        • Sep 6, 2002

Man I loved that album, Vol. 1. I had just started college when it came out and it was just a laid-back, kick up your heels enjoyable listen. My friend was big on Beatles and ELO and really ate this up. Too bad Roy Orbison passed away after the first album. He could've enjoyed some more good times with these guys just makin' music.

Comment

• Blue Meanie
          Banned
          • Jun 23, 2001

Originally posted by JDeRouen
          Well, I tried to buy the set. I really did. Amazon says they will have them in stock in "1-2 weeks" (yikes!) and Wal-Mart didn't have them at all.

Guess I'm going to Best Buy after all!

Joe

Joe, Best Buy has it for $19.99...if you can find a Circuit City ad from this past Sundays newspaper that has their price at $17.99 you can go to Best Buy and have them price match the set, or you can go into Circuit City and buy it there. I price matched it at Best Buy because I have the reward zone card...and because I can't stand Circuit City. Used to be a Music Manager for them when they opened their first stores here in NY back in '97/98. Helped them open 4 stores and they promptly rewarded me by eliminating my Managers position...so yeah, they are on my crap list.

Comment

• Hulk
            Mayor of Megoville
            • May 10, 2003

Originally posted by Blue Meanie
            Joe, Best Buy has it for $19.99...if you can find a Circuit City ad from this past Sundays newspaper that has their price at $17.99 you can go to Best Buy and have them price match the set, or you can go into Circuit City and buy it there. I price matched it at Best Buy because I have the reward zone card...and because I can't stand Circuit City. Used to be a Music Manager for them when they opened their first stores here in NY back in '97/98. Helped them open 4 stores and they promptly rewarded me by eliminating my Managers position...so yeah, they are on my crap list.
            Trust me, that is one VERY LONG CRAP LIST

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

I've always liked the Wilbury's, but never bought the albums. They came out before my heavy music buying days. I will definitely be getting these.

Is there no volume 2, or is it considered sub-par? Why wasn't it included?

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• Cosmicman
                Permanent Member
                • Jul 12, 2005

Van Halen Remasters rock also

Not to change the subject but I am 100% pleased with the Van Halen remasters that came out several years. It's nice to be able to hear the clearness of Roth's voice and the pure clarity of Eddie's shredding solos. Before, it sounded kind of buried but it grew on me. When the remasters came out, it opened up a whole new version of the Van Halen tunes. Awesome stuff. I'd suggest you picking these up.

PS. I said VAN HALEN, not VAN HAGAR!!!!
                More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...

Comment

• Blue Meanie
                  Banned
                  • Jun 23, 2001

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                  I've always liked the Wilbury's, but never bought the albums. They came out before my heavy music buying days. I will definitely be getting these.

Is there no volume 2, or is it considered sub-par? Why wasn't it included?

Chris
                  There wasn't a Volume 2...kind of George's weird sense of humor

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

There wasn't a Volume 2...kind of George's weird sense of humor
                    Ah, I figured th at might be the case!

I'm definitely picking these up. I'm also a big fan of the Wilburys country equivalent, the Highwaymen. I still need their 2nd CD, but man, I love the first two!

Chris
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎