• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Random Axe
    The Voice of Reason
    • Apr 16, 2008

THe Dark Knight - Mini review

Spoiler free too.

Just walked in the door from seeing this so much of it is fresh in my mind. It was very well done and a good movie. I don't think it was a fluid as the first nor as well-paced, but it's very cool.

Heath Ledger's Joker is the highlight. I don't know if the performance deserves all the Oscar hype, but it's certainly the best Joker I've seen. The look is obviously a tribute to Brandon Lee, which is very cool in my eyes. His voice is absolutely perfect too. THe casting could not have been better. My original choice before they picked Heath was Ben Stiller. I thought it was time he broke out of ridiculousness and into the world of legitimacy. I was wrong. Heath Ledger is the Joker, period.

Overall the movie's effects are muted by the darkness and somewhat hard to follow. You couldn't appreciate the Batcycle cause it was never shown still. Too often the action and fights are so dark and quick you can't appreciate them.

It was a very well done movie with some nice nods to comics lore and some cool set-ups for future installments. Bottom line, this is good but not essential. I think this will suffer from overhype.

Scott
    I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.
Working...
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎