X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DieFladermaus
    • Jun 10, 2007

question about auction

Hi y'all,

I used to post here as DinahsMite. Anyway, my best friend Josie bought a mego Supergirl for her dad. He used to collect Megos as a kid. Since last Spetember he hasn't been in too good of shape and they aren't sure how much longers he has. Back to the Supergirl. So she bought this Supergirl on ebay and isn't sure from the picture if it is a repro doll or if it is 100% real. I told her it looks real to me. I know the cloths and the shoes are repos but the doll looks original to me. It won't affect her buying it, she just wants a collector's opinion. Here is a link to it

SHe is looking for a couple others dolls for her dad so see my other post in the for sale section.

Thanks,
    DinahsMite aka Aaron
    sigpicFormely Dinahs Mite.

"Hot and cold emotions confusing my brain,I could not decide between pleasure of pain"
  • ABMAC
    User
    • May 16, 2002

The suit and cape are definitely not original. The head, body, and shoes could all be repros, also, and probably are. Rebel Toys/Mr. Mego is notorious for misrepresenting repro parts as original.

Comment

• DieFladermaus
      • Jun 10, 2007

Originally posted by ABMAC
      The suit and cape are definitely not original. The head, body, and shoes could all be repros, also, and probably are. Rebel Toys/Mr. Mego is notorious for misrepresenting repro parts as original.
      Oh. I do really hate she bought something that may be a repo. But I guess that is an ebay risk. I hardly buy from ebay. I just flea market shop and go to thrift stores
      sigpicFormely Dinahs Mite.

"Hot and cold emotions confusing my brain,I could not decide between pleasure of pain"

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎