X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Drain
    megos are yummy
    • Jun 10, 2007

Comic Action And Pocket SuperHeroes Accessaries

What are the proper accessaries for the Pocket Super Heroes.
    I would like to know if the
    Green Goblin come with his pouch,
    Wonder Woman with her lasso,
    Captain America with his shield.
    The reason I ask is that some years ago, I purchased a Pocket Super Hero Captain America and it arrived with a shield. However I have seen photos of a MIP Capt and I don't see a shield. I was wonder if the person would I bought it from put a shield from a Comic Action Capt by mistake. If so, I can use this shield to make a loose Comic Action America Complete.
    But, I want to know for sure. Any Help.
    Thomas
    Mego Nudists Fish Nude Show Off your Rod.
  • ABMAC
    User
    • May 16, 2002

Originally posted by Drain
    What are the proper accessaries for the Pocket Super Heroes.
    I would like to know if the
    Green Goblin come with his pouch,
    Wonder Woman with her lasso,
    Captain America with his shield.
    The reason I ask is that some years ago, I purchased a Pocket Super Hero Captain America and it arrived with a shield. However I have seen photos of a MIP Capt and I don't see a shield. I was wonder if the person would I bought it from put a shield from a Comic Action Capt by mistake. If so, I can use this shield to make a loose Comic Action America Complete.
    But, I want to know for sure. Any Help.
    Thomas
    According to the Mego Museum, (they) sometimes came with their (accessories), other times, they didn't. The one pictured does have a shield, however.

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

As far as I know, Cap always came with a shield in both incarnations. The only variables were the bat ropes and the lasso on their respective Pocket heroes.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

Just throwing in what I know here; The version of the Pocket Heroes Batman/Robin/Batmobile gift set that I had did not come with Bat ropes. Other sets might have, but mine didn't. I believe I had the white box with all of the blue stripes on it (that I am a bit foggy on).

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
          • Jun 16, 2001

PH Cap only came on the white card, he was never included in any car sets, it was usually Hulk or Gobby (mostly Hulk). Always with his shield.

CAH cap was included in a gift set and I believe mine is lacking his shield but that's the only occurance of that.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

So, is it safe to say that IF a figure did come in a vehicle set, it DID NOT have accessories? Did the CAH Wonder Woman Invisible Plane/Tower set ever include the lasso? My wife has a set with a beat-up box, but it's far from complete.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
              • Jun 16, 2001

She might have, I think Cap's shield presented a problem due to the tiny bubble on the car gift sets.

Comment

• number 6
                Village Idiot
                • Jul 10, 2003

Originally posted by palitoy
                PH Cap only came on the white card, he was never included in any car sets, it was usually Hulk or Gobby (mostly Hulk). Always with his shield.

Really? I could swear there's a picture in John Bonavita's book of a white card PH Cap with no shield in the bubble.

But the picture is pretty small, I'll have to go back and double-check.

I also get the impression that some of the carded stuff pictured in Bonavita's book is resealed. So maybe the PH Cap is a reseal and lost his shield somewhere along the way.

Comment

• Drain
                  megos are yummy
                  • Jun 10, 2007

Capts Shield and the Wonder Woman Playset.

First, I ague with Number 6. I also, have the John Bonvita's Book 2nd edition. And there is a picture of a Captain America White Card Pocket Hero no Shield. However i can say it might have been released both way. I also, have a Denys Fisher packaged Hulk and he has no stand.
                  Second, Wonder Woman's Playset
                  I also got a Wonder Woman Invisible Plane/Tower Playset complete in box. Bought it from the same fellow, I bought the Pocket Hero Captain America with Shield Loose. Anyway, the playset came with a Comic Action Wonder Women seal in Baggie and it included her yellow lasso, no orange stand thou. I do believe that all comic action figures that came in the boxed sets were bagged but with no stands. Except of course for the Batman Play set that came with Robin, Joker and Pegiun, the latter were carded and had stands.
                  Thomas
                  PS *2
                  1. Why did Mego make a commerical, I have it on VHS, for the Spiderman Alley playset and never release one. That makes this set so confusing sometime.
                  2. Sometime ago, I ran across a website the sold repoductions of Mego 8in accessories. Does any know if it still up and running. I lost the link, I had for it.
                  Mego Nudists Fish Nude Show Off your Rod.

Comment

• palitoy
                    • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Drain
                    First, I ague with Number 6. I also, have the John Bonvita's Book 2nd edition. And there is a picture of a Captain America White Card Pocket Hero no Shield. However i can say it might have been released both way.
                    I honestly think it's a reseal, i'll ask John. To my knowledge, other than the Spidercar three pack which was an end run piece, Cap always had a shield. I've spent a long time observing these.

I also, have a Denys Fisher packaged Hulk and he has no stand.
                    Denys Fisher released all figures without stands on generic cards.

Second, Wonder Woman's Playset
                    I also got a Wonder Woman Invisible Plane/Tower Playset complete in box. Bought it from the same fellow, I bought the Pocket Hero Captain America with Shield Loose. Anyway, the playset came with a Comic Action Wonder Women seal in Baggie and it included her yellow lasso, no orange stand thou. I do believe that all comic action figures that came in the boxed sets were bagged but with no stands. Except of course for the Batman Play set that came with Robin, Joker and Pegiun, the latter were carded and had stands.
                    That is true the hero extras are just in baggies. The robin, joker and penguin were simply thrown into a regular boxed bridge set.

1. Why did Mego make a commerical, I have it on VHS, for the Spiderman Alley playset and never release one. That makes this set so confusing sometime.
                    It's not a commercial at all, it's a toy fair presentation reel. It was commonplace to produce such things.

2. Sometime ago, I ran across a website the sold repoductions of Mego 8in accessories. Does any know if it still up and running. I lost the link, I had for it.

Comment

• Hulk
                      Mayor of Megoville
                      • May 10, 2003

All this talk makes me appreciate Brain's MegoMeet presentation that much more. I can actally appreciate this thread (and forum) that much more now.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎