X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bionic Joe
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 10, 2006

A rough idea needs to be refined

Last night an idea came to me on how to make a custom stormtrooper by using Doc MEGO'S repro Lancelott chest armor and taking the leg and arm plastic armor pieces off the Tinman and repainting them white, Like i said a rough idea any suggestions to refine it a little?
  • SUP-Ronin
    Stuck in a laundry shoot.
    • Oct 8, 2007

Maybe pick up some CTVT Knights to use their armor as fodder. Cheaper than Docs, not as good either, but if your going to cut it up anyway...
    "Steel-like jaws clacked away, each bite slashing flesh from my body - I used my knife and my hands, and when they were gone, my bloody stumps - and yet the turtles came."

Comment

• ddgaff1132
      Persistent Member
      • Oct 3, 2007

Hopefully this inspires

The photo does nt do credit to my cause but. This was a model made in unknown scale some years back. as you can see its dang near scale. I also know of statue type models of some of the other charactors of Star Wars as I have a Han Solo somewhere in my models todo pile. I think it is 1/9 scale too. HMMM!!!. Anyway I hope this gives ya a thought on some raw matterial for your customs. Maybe they can be picked up on ebay or at a yard sale. (I always find models half built there.) But a hobby store on or off line would probably really put the screws to ya.

Check out my picture library of Mego-ish compatible vehicles with ID data.
      MEGO MOTORS

Comment

• Spyweb007
        Persistent Member
        • Apr 18, 2006

I used craft foam for my custom stormtrooper armor, chest, arms and belt. I'll post a pic when I get a chance.

Comment

• ctc
          Fear the monkeybat!
          • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

Someone chopped down a Stormtrooper PVC statuette and it worked pretty good. The BEST way would be to do exactly what you're thinking, but carve all new parts from scratch and vaccumn-form the armour.

Which I'd LOVE to do.... but vaccumn-forming is one of them skill sets that currently escapes me. I knew a guy who did it back at the U. (15 years or so back.) He used to steal the ads from the inside of the bus to use for sheet plastic.

Don C.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎