X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Some Potential Mr Saxon Spoilers from the Web

Don't know if they're true or not but if they are, they're SPOT on with some of my theories.

Highlight if you want to see.

Mr Saxon IS the Master, but not as straightforward as you might think. Here are the key plot components I was told from forthcoming episodes:

1) In a brief but touching scene before the climactic episodes of the season, Martha wanders the Tardis (first proper inside-the-Tardis scene apparently) and spots a snapshot of the Ecclestone Doctor and Rose among other shots of the past Doctors earthbound companions in the Doctors "quarters" (brief glimpses of photo's of the Brig, Unit, Sarah Jane, Jo, Harry, etc). She asks the Doctor who the couple are. The Doc says its him and Rose. Martha can't understand how as he looks like someone else. This prompts a potted explanation of regeneration by the Doc - importantly revealing that he has 12 regenerations therefore 13 lives, as do all Time Lords (nice bit of continuity)...

2) Some time after this (not the same episode) near the climax of the series the Doctor identifies Saxon as a Time Lord - the sonic screwdriver scans his 2 hearts and other proof of Time Lord physiology. BUT, Saxon announces he is the Master and the Doctor exclaims it cannot be as he has already used his 13 lives and has survived by stealing the bodies of humans and therefore can no longer be a proper Time Lord (hence the point of the earlier scene described above helping explain this for the new younger audience).

3) Near the end of the final episode it emerges that the reason the Master/Saxon is a Time Lord after all is that in the future he has stolen the body of the Doctor's next incarnation and returned to set a trap and destroy him once and for all, changing the course of time and continue as a time Lord in the Doctors rightful body.

4) The Doctor ends up defeating the Master by outwitting him using the Tardis (not quite sure how) and changing the timeline such that the Master is defeated. But the Doctor is seriously injured in the process (climactic battle on a hilltop??) and regenerates into - guess who - John Simm!!

5) The new Doctor and Martha's first task in a brief couple of scenes after the climactic events, is to travel back in the Tardis to the point before Simms Master previously started infiltrating the Politics of Britain to eventually become PM, but doing something that stops this from happening, and so all peoples knowledge of Mr Saxon is prevented from happening, and the Doctor and Martha can travel the Universe as if nothing happened.

6) However, the audience is left with a teaser that Simms Master / Alternative Doctor may have esacaped destruction, setting up another dramatic twist that in series 4 the Master will return as the Doctors doppleganger. But not only that - as has already been speculated - the Master is indeed the Doctors brother, so he is set up in series 4 to be, by a temporal anomaly, the doctors twin brother!! Roll on!

PS. I asked if it is revealed that the Master and the Time Meddling Monk are one and the same as the name Harold Saxon seems to be a clue. My insider friend knew nothing of this, but confirmed that the Mister Saxon = Master no six anagram was deliberate. However, there is apparently a joke refeering to ex Labour PM Harold Wilson in the script that the older viewers will get, hence the shared fist name.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

very interesting.......
    So does this mean the series-3 conclusion is the end of the Tennant Doctor ?
    Tennant is leaving ?
    I'm not sure i'm understanding it fully.

Comment

• palitoy
      • Jun 16, 2001

Heh I had to get some lemon juice to see your reply.

I think it's suggesting that Tennant is leaving and Sim (the guy I thought would make a great Doctor!) would indeed take over. I'm not sure I believe this or not but all this Mister Saxon is a time Lord stuff has bothered me lately. It's too obvious he is the Master.

Comment

• ABMAC
        User
        • May 16, 2002

I was all ready for some John Saxon gossip. Fudge.

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by ABMAC
          I was all ready for some John Saxon gossip. Fudge.

Same here.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Surfsup
            Silver Chrome Dome
            • Dec 2, 2005

It's interesting that you mentioned Tennant regenerating into Simm because I've read that elsewhere myself and it sounds plausible. There have been a lot of rumours of Tennant leaving over the last few months.

I hope this is true as I can't think of anyone better than John Simm to take over the main role. Roll on the next few episodes.

Comment

• Mikey
              Verbose Member
              • Aug 9, 2001

If this is true, they're really going through Doctors way too fast.

Remember the days of Colin only being a Doctor for 2 years ?

I hate to say it, but their wasting Doctor Who THE SERIES for the sake of a few SHOCK stories.

Comment

• palitoy
                • Jun 16, 2001

Id be excited about Sim as well but would miss Tennant, he's become my favourite Doctor

Comment

• danadoll
                  Micronaut Nut!
                  • Apr 11, 2005

I'll miss my David too...Uh...He was great! It sounds like a pretty interesting twist, if they do it.

You know...Even if this is all true, Rob will still insist it's remake...The Blidiot.

Dana

Originally posted by type1kirk
                  If this is true, they're really going through Doctors way too fast.

Remember the days of Colin only being a Doctor for 2 years ?

I hate to say it, but their wasting Doctor Who THE SERIES for the sake of a few SHOCK stories.
                  I don't know M...Maybe because the episodes and seasons are shorter the actors will want to have shorter contracts? The series is having a bigger impact on the public than it ever did...Maybe the actors are just trying to avoid being typecast? Also...If a new Producer takes over (with new actors and crew) then things may change and contracts may be longer? I dunno.

Dana
                  Last edited by danadoll; Jun 12, '07, 11:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                  "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• YANOULI
                    Part-Time Timelord
                    • Jan 9, 2006

I think it'll probably have something to do with the Doctors severed hand that Jack's been keeping. Maybe the master used it to create a cloned Timelord body ( kind of like what they did to Luke Skywalker in the new Star wars Novels ).

This might mean that the Valeyard was actually the Master, rather than a future amalgam of the Doctors Darkside.

I also hope they explain how the Master survived being sucked into the eye of harmony at the end of the TV movie.
                    " But you can't kill me, i'm a Genius "

Comment

• Mikey
                      Verbose Member
                      • Aug 9, 2001

I also hope they explain how the Master survived being sucked into the eye of harmony at the end of the TV movie.

Well, the eye of harmony has kind of changed throughout the years... at least at what it is.
                      In the TV movie, the hatch to this thing was somewhere in the basement of the TARDIS right ?
                      In the new series, it seems to be the TARDIS console (Boomtown)...
                      If they go by the New Series thinking--- When Roberts got sucked in, perhaps it regenerated him -- (like it did for Margaret Blaine).

The one thing about Doctor Who throughout the shows lifetime, it's continuity varies, so the writers can take some liberties as long as they stay within the realm of the general premise.

Also,
                      Jack's servered had might have something to do with it.
                      Last edited by Mikey; Jun 16, '07, 7:09 AM.

Comment

• danadoll
                        Micronaut Nut!
                        • Apr 11, 2005

Well, the eye of harmony has kind of changed throughout the years... at least at what it is.
                        In the TV movie, the hatch to this thing was somewhere in the basement of the TARDIS right ?
                        In the new series, it seems to be the TARDIS console (Boomtown)...
                        If they go by the New Series thinking--- When Roberts got sucked in, perhaps it regenerated him -- (like it did for Margaret Blaine).

The one thing about Doctor Who throughout the shows lifetime, it's continuity varies, so the writers can take some liberties as long as they stay within the realm of the general premise.
                        Don't let you-know-who hear you say that (the comment about continuity variations)...LOL.

Also,
                        Jack's servered had might have something to do with it.

Dana
                        Last edited by danadoll; Jun 16, '07, 8:30 AM.
                        "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• Mikey
                          Verbose Member
                          • Aug 9, 2001

When I said "Jack's" ......
                          I ment Jack was saving it...

Comment

• palitoy
                            • Jun 16, 2001

I think it either has to do with the severed hand or when the Doctor absorbed the energy of the time vortex, maybe the Master was in there.

The TV movie sure did move things around didn't it?

Comment

• Mikey
                              Verbose Member
                              • Aug 9, 2001

A lot of people used to complain about the TV movie-- including me-- for messing up continuity...... But I think it actually will wind up working to our advantage now.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎