X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wee67
    Museum Correspondent
    • Apr 2, 2002

Underdog- The series not the movie

I don't kow if this has been posted, but I got this press release today. I'm sure they're trying to take advantage of the movie.-

On July 24, Underdog returns with the DVD release of “The Underdog Show” , the classic 1960s and 1970s animated television series, with the debut of The Ultimate Underdog DVD Collection Volumes 1-3.

This is the first time ever that the Underdog series will be available on DVD. Each episode has been digitally re-mastered, and this classic series feature the voice talent of Wally Cox as Underdog and Shoeshine Boy.

Also, as I’m sure that you are already aware, this summer, Disney will release Underdog the movie, starring Jim Belushi and the voice of Jason Lee. It’s definitely going to be an Underdog summer!

- Underdog the series was first introduced on October 16, 1964 and aired almost one decade (last air date was on September 1, 1973).

- Underdog’s alter ego is the humble, lovable Shoeshine Boy. The change from mild-mannered boot-black to superhero always transpired in a token phone book, and the cry for help invariably comes from Sweet Polly Purebred, a reporter at a local TV station.

- Underdog keeps his strength by popping a “Super Vitamin Pill” kept in his ring.

- NASCAR drivers associated themselves with Underdog and featured him on their cars in high-profile races, and MLB teams tapped Underdog to drive attendance and viewers to their televised games against the New York Yankees.

- 75% of men, ages 18-49, are familiar with Underdog.
    WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

I have one of the Underdog Chronicals on DVD.
    It pretty well sucks.

They cut out the ending credits song ....

and they cut out all the peripheral cartoon theme songs too.

No Go-Go Golphers song
    No Tenessee Tuxedo song
    No Savior faire song.

It sucks

I hope this is better.

Comment

• kingdom warrior
      OH JES!!
      • Jul 21, 2005

Awesome That's a must have what was great about Underdog was the other cartoons also I loved Tennesse Tuxedo,Go Go Gophers..etcFun cartoons Plus the themes songs were very catchy

Comment

• The Toyroom
        The Packaging King
        • Dec 31, 2004

Originally posted by type1kirk
        It pretty well sucks.

No Go-Go Golphers song
        No Tenessee Tuxedo song
        No Savior faire song.

It sucks

I hope this is better.
        Yeah I've got one of those also and wasn't too pleased with the cuts that were made either. But it was a filler anyway until the real deal comes along...
        Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• Adam West
          Museum CPA
          • Apr 14, 2003

Originally posted by type1kirk
          It pretty well sucks.

No Go-Go Golphers song
          No Tenessee Tuxedo song
          No Savior faire song.

It sucks

I hope this is better.
          I believe what you have is one of those cheapie DVD's that some company picked up when the copyright expired and it wasn't renewed. I have a couple of the Underdog DVD's that I picked up at Cracker Barrel Restaurant of all places. Like you said many of the essential elements are missing. Hopefully this will be much better.
          "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
          ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• boywondermax
            Gothamite
            • May 16, 2007

I love Underdog. But I saw the trailer for the new movie and it looks so awful! They should have just done a pixar version- completely animated!

Comment

• Hulk
              Mayor of Megoville
              • May 10, 2003

Diamond Previews has a few original series items in their June issue. That is definitely the one upside to this movie, we get new merchandise related tot eh old stuff.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎