X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Bat
    Batman Fanatic
    • Jul 14, 2002

BATMAN:Begins Costume?

Ok...I've been thinking about this for awhile...How would You make a 8" Custom Batman:Begins Costume?

Here's My idea....Russ has the Head at Customslab, so no problem there! The Boots(modify Klingon Boots)Gauntlets, Cape, Gloves wouldn't be that hard(the Belt I haven't quite figured out yet.)....ah, but that DARN Rubber Bosy Suit!! My Plan...start with a regular black Body Suit(in Lycra Spandex), that get some extra wide Black electrical Tape...then cut pieces in the shapes of Muscles, and just stick them all over the Body?

What'd Ya think? Anybody else have any ideas?
    sigpic
  • shellhead
    museum rustpot
    • Mar 1, 2007

Maybe thin black craft foam sheets for the muscles and belt? You could build it up in overlapping layers.
    Chris

Keepin' it Mego-ey !

Comment

• The Bat
      Batman Fanatic
      • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by shellhead
      Maybe thin black craft foam sheets for the muscles and belt? You could build it up in overlapping layers.

Yeah...that might work....and use My Electrical tape to outline the Craftfoam, to give it definition?
      sigpic

Comment

• Customslab

DANE USE craft foam under the body suit to put all the ridges in their around the muscle

Comment

• Hulk
          Mayor of Megoville
          • May 10, 2003

I'd just call Starbuk, tell him I didn't think he was up for the challenge, tempt him with some money, and wait for the goodness to take shape.

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

Lycra body suit with pleather pieces added over it. If you can find the stuff Toybiz made the FC XMen evolution Cyclops and Wolverine suits that would be the best for it. It has the same look to it.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• The Bat
              Batman Fanatic
              • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by Hulk
              I'd just call Starbuk, tell him I didn't think he was up for the challenge, tempt him with some money, and wait for the goodness to take shape.

Well,I was baiting Him for ideas(to see if it's possible)...with this thread. Eveyone knows Buk's the Silicine Master!!
              sigpic

Comment

• megojim
                Permanent Member
                • Oct 13, 2001

I've been thinking about this and "playing" with the idea off and on for a couple of years. I was going with a Keaton Batman but we're stil talking about the same thing. I was experimenting with pieces of a bicycle innertube cut and glued to the black body suit. it's a "material" that's very pliable, flexable (are those the same thing?), easy to cut and shape and it's very thin, you can even layer it. The one draw back I found is that most of these tubes are more of a gray than black but with A dab of armor all it darkened up. I obviously didn't take this very far but the application of this is an answer to the question posed.
                -jim
                My Custom Figures

1 Corinthians 9:24 - Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win!

Comment

• spaceace35
                  Career Member
                  • Feb 1, 2008

some great ideas there
                  Rockin Rebels

Comment

• toys2cool
                    Ultimate Mego Warrior
                    • Nov 27, 2006

there's gotta be a way to use some sort of rubber,I see people making and selling custom scuba suits for Vintage Joes all the time,maybe you could use that material
                    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

Or hawabout a junk black scuba suit for a human for the parts?
                      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• johnmiic
                        Adrift
                        • Sep 6, 2002

Is there any hollow, vynil, batman begins figure in 8 or 9 inch scale? like the kinds Applause used to make? You could cut the thing apart and put it on a Mego body. Or you could cast one in another scale and shrink or enlarge it with hydrospan.

Comment

• Bo8a_Fett
                          Pat Troughton in disguise
                          • Nov 21, 2007

How about the rubber that hospitals use for physiotherapy...long strips of very thin very pliable rubber...you may have to paint it though as it usually comes in dark green....
                          ENGLISH AND DAMN PROUD OF IT British by birth....English by the grace of God. Yes Jamie...it is big isn't it....

Comment

• The Bat
                            Batman Fanatic
                            • Jul 14, 2002

I'm hearing some cool ideas Guy's...keep Em' coming!
                            sigpic

Comment

• darklord1967
                              Persistent Member
                              • Mar 27, 2008

I am sure that the movie Batman head sculpt at Customslab is amazing, as always.

And for a removable-cowl version of this figure, may I suggest ADA CHAN'S Christian Bale sculpt.

As always, the sculpt work, detail, and quality casting is absolutely EXCELLENT, and Ada is now making Bale (and MANY celebrity heads) available for 8 inch MEGO scale!!

http://www.wantedactionfigure.com/productShow.asp?id=94

This is very GOOD NEWS for many customizers who could not afford to commission a sculpt from Ada before.

These celebrity sculpts are super-affordable (at $25)!!

Let's all try to support Ada as much as we can! He confided that he can only justify making MEGO-sized heads if there is a demand from at least 25 customers.
                              Last edited by darklord1967; Jul 10, '08, 9:05 PM.
                              I... am an action figure customizer

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎