X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cosmicman
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 12, 2005

Which "Flash" will bite it?

Now that Barry Allen has returned! We all know that DC is not keeping three Flashes in the DCUniverse.

So....Which Flash is going to bite it?

Discuss among yourselves....thoughts?

Jay Garrick

Wally West

Barry Allen
    More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...
  • The Toyroom
    The Packaging King
    • Dec 31, 2004

None of the above...
    Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• Bo8a_Fett
      Pat Troughton in disguise
      • Nov 21, 2007

with the mess they're making of the DCuniverse will anyone care?
      ENGLISH AND DAMN PROUD OF IT British by birth....English by the grace of God. Yes Jamie...it is big isn't it....

Comment

• Raydeen1
        Persistent Member
        • May 23, 2008

Not sure but that pic of Barry is awesome! I don't recognize the sig. Who is the artist???

Comment

• BlackKnight
          The DarkSide Customizer
          • Apr 16, 2005

I hope it's Barry.
          Wally's been My Flash for Over 25 yrs... or damn close to it. Wasn't Crisis in 86 or something ? It's horrible to bring Barry back after so long imo.
          ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• The Toyroom
            The Packaging King
            • Dec 31, 2004

The original Crisis ran from '85 to '86. Wally may be your Flash, BK, but Barry was always mine. To me he represented everything I liked about the Silver Age of Comics...which, unfortunately was never quite the same after the Crisis.
            Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

I say keep 'em all. But I'm pretty done with modern DC for now, so in my mind they are only as far away as my long boxes.

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• MIB41
                Eloquent Member
                • Sep 25, 2005

I don't think any of them need to die. DC has spent so many years reinventing the Flash, it would be nice to return Barry as the Red and yellow Flash and put Wally in a unique costume for himself. Clearly everyone's choices are based somewhat on their generation. When Black Knight pointed out that Wally West has been the Flash for two decades, I had to take a deep gulp. I thought, "Has it really been that long?" Pretty close to it. 20 years to be exact. To me he was always Kid Flash and just became the main Flash a few years back (that's what the aging process does for you - warped since of time). I like them all so I say, "Let them live!" Hey you have the Batman family and the Spiderman family. Let's start the Flash family...

Comment

• jwyblejr
                  galactic yo-yo
                  • Apr 6, 2006

Got to agree with most and say none. Jay I think is the one who should step down. Although given what DC has done to it's Golden Age heroes in the past(namely in Zero Hour),Jay will be the one to "bite it".

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

Dc has been teasing that it will be doing the opposite to its Flashes in this Crisis.
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• jds1911a1
                      Alan Scott is the best GL
                      • Aug 8, 2007

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                      Dc has been teasing that it will be doing the opposite to its Flashes in this Crisis.
                      Boy I hope not just immagine if instead of pairing down by depower/death/old age they bring more speedsters back.

can you imagine reverse flash, max mercury, johnny quick, impulse/kidflash 2'bart flash, and the flash of the 31st century all back in addtion to zoom, and the 3 current flashes.

Like others modern comics have left me cold (more due to the prices). If they killed off Jay or wally (again) it wouldn't bother me as I know eventually they'll come back. Barry's death had been the most permanant one until now but unnless this is another fake out like the return of Barry in the late 90's that turned out to be reverse flash death in comics is like death in soap opera you only stay dead unitl they need to spike the sales

Comment

• Airdave817
                        Satellite Monitor Duty
                        • May 31, 2007

Me, I think that The Flash, The Atom, Green Lantern and Hawkman are tragically broken and unfixable. I would prefer to see The Golden Age as The Golden Age. There's no reason for the JSA to be currently active. Pass the torch already. Keep the JSA from 1940 - 1951. All current JSA-member incarnations should be part of the JLA or a revived Infinity, Inc. I know that seems radical and extreme, but come on - there's the JSA, the JLA, the Titans, the Outsiders, and Infinity, Inc. all currently active. What's the difference? Even between the JLA and JSA? I think if DC set their teams to certain time-frame limits each team would have greater appeal. Jay Garrick and Alan Scott have got to be at least 200 years old by now. I know I'd like to see some of the characters in their prime.

Jay should be retired. He should be a mentor to Barry. Barry would be Wally's "big-brother". Bart can come from the future - and then go back, like other Flashes.

Crazy, I know, but that's just what I think...
                        Shameless self-promotion -
                        Earth-Dave
                        KROC-FM
                        Look for me as Dave Berg on Facebook!

sigpic
                        "Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!"

Comment

• Cosmicman
                          Permanent Member
                          • Jul 12, 2005

Originally posted by Airdave817

Jay should be retired. He should be a mentor to Barry. Barry would be Wally's "big-brother". Bart can come from the future - and then go back, like other Flashes.

Crazy, I know, but that's just what I think...
                          Since Jay Garrick officially tapped into the speedforce, his age and sometimes his appearance (depending on the artist) is still 89 but his body is of a man in his late thirties. The Speedforce keeps him in his prime and so he able to maintain some of his youth and continue on as hero.

Alan Scott's ring rejuvenated him awhile back and he became a being known as the Sentinel. It later reverted him back to his actual age and he returned back as, The Green Lantern. His heath and body is also that of a thirty or forty year old after that little episode. So he also is able to contain a bit of his youth and proceed as a hero also.

Wildcat, for some reason it was revealed that he magically had some sort of nine lives spell or curse put on him. That keeps him young also.

Of course, Hawkman. He was "reincarnated" and merged with the alien Hawkman. (long story, not enough time to explain) so he has been reverted to a man in his late twenties again.

The rest of them are dead or retired. I believe when Hourman made his "return" he decided he was too old and passed the torch to his son which I like as a character in JSA.

Yes, some heroes should retire but I think Jay, Alan, Ted and Carter still have a place in the DC Universe. They are like icons and mentors to a lot of great heroes.

Just my two cents....
                          More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎