X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gorn Captain
    Invincible Ironing Man
    • Feb 28, 2008

Creature from the Black Lagoon

I've just started work on my Mego Creature, and I wanted some input from you guys.
    I intend to make him vintage mego style, so a photo perfect rendition is out of the question. I want to make him have the old feel.

So I was wondering: do I print the "scales" on his bodystocking?
    Do I make the scales layer-by-layer? Or would that be to too "Mego-unlike"? Too intricate?

His hands, feet and head will be scratch-built/sculpted. I could use a Sideshow, but I want more of a personal statement. His "fins", along the back, arms and legs, will be raised.

Any suggestions are welcome at this stage. This is the testing phase.
    Anybody know where I can get a Mego body in green?

To be continued!
    "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."
  • txteach
    Banned
    • Jun 17, 2005

I think Toys2cool is from Uranus.

Comment

• SUP-Ronin
      Stuck in a laundry shoot.
      • Oct 8, 2007

Didn't type3toys recently have some hands and feet available that would be good for this guy? If so, I would recommend checking those out.
      Afa the suit, I think mego would most certainly have used printed scales like the Neptunian outfit. In fact, they would probably have reused Neptunian boots and gloves as well. That is my humble opinion.

Anything more detailed would probably be too much for true mego style, but people come up with some cool stuff on here so I would love see how he progresses.

Additional Added here: He did do some I think, but they are boosted from sideshow, anyway, they are pretty cool.
      Type3Toys Creature Parts Ready To Order!(SP) - Mego Talk
      Last edited by SUP-Ronin; Jul 8, '08, 3:31 PM.
      "Steel-like jaws clacked away, each bite slashing flesh from my body - I used my knife and my hands, and when they were gone, my bloody stumps - and yet the turtles came."

Comment

• SUP-Ronin
        Stuck in a laundry shoot.
        • Oct 8, 2007

Originally posted by txteach
        I think Toys2cool is from Uranus.
        Ummmm, I agree, he is likely from Uranus. Did you mean for that to go in the Aliens thread, or is it a random thought???
        Last edited by SUP-Ronin; Jul 8, '08, 3:33 PM.
        "Steel-like jaws clacked away, each bite slashing flesh from my body - I used my knife and my hands, and when they were gone, my bloody stumps - and yet the turtles came."

Comment

• Bo8a_Fett
          Pat Troughton in disguise
          • Nov 21, 2007

I think a printed suit like the lizard or the thing would be the way to go ...mego style....lets see some work in progress.....please
          ENGLISH AND DAMN PROUD OF IT British by birth....English by the grace of God. Yes Jamie...it is big isn't it....

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

I agree, Mego would have done a printed and re-used Neptunian accessories.

I've seen that somewhere here & it looked good.

The head would probably been a more generic gill-man, not the Universal Creature. Doesn't Doc have a sea-creature head?
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Meule
              Verbose Member
              • Nov 14, 2004

Here's mine: Suit is from Austin, but I added leather to his abdomen, but you could skip that. Hands and feet are from Star Trek's Neppy, I just added some nails, and the head is from Starbuk. As Megolike as you can get if you ask me (without the added details I mean).

But I gotta say John's (Type3Toys) custom built Creech hands and feet are friggin awesome. I'm gonna build me another Creech with those
              "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• BlackKnight
                The DarkSide Customizer
                • Apr 16, 2005

Yeah,... Old Man Fairly can do some cool stuff sometimes.
                ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• Timothy2251
                  Jerks beef with Ten Bears
                  • Mar 15, 2008

Originally posted by Type3Toys
                  Thanks for the plugs fellas. It is hard to say what mego would have done. Look at how they did the Lizard. He had scaled hands and feet. Look at how AHI did the most famous, not to mention expensive, CFTBL. They did the whole body in plastic. However you choose to do yours should fit right in with the "vintage style" of that era. If you want a top notch head, hands and feet set, PM me. Then hit up Austin for the suit. If you want the Neptunian look, I think Doc Mego has those parts on his site. Cant wait to see what you come up with!
                  Sound advice - I'm waiting on my Creature suit from Austin, then the Creature parts I ordered from Type3Toys (mighty fine parts from this man. Mighty fine, indeed!) go under the brush. Then I shall have my very own Creature, like the cool kids on the boards have!
                  "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• Meule
                    Verbose Member
                    • Nov 14, 2004

Those silicone beauties from Buk are well worth the money. I got me one of those and they totally rock
                    "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                      Invincible Ironing Man
                      • Feb 28, 2008

Just give me some time, and let me see what I can do.
                      With a complete custom sculpt.

I'm buying a decent camera to get some pics,too.
                      "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎