• Show
Clear All
  • Cosmicman
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 12, 2005

Green Lantern Ring: Powers & Limits. Discussion Thread

What kind of power stunt is this?

In Green Lantern books.

Sinestro is a Green Lantern (A flashback story) and is sent to train Hal Jordan

Hal Jordan is flying in his plane and Sinestro explodes the plane into a million pieces but scoops Hal out of the plane and protects him with a force field.

Hal *****es at Sinestro for destroying a twenty million dollar plane. Sinestro *****es at Hal Jordan for not wearing his ring and does something that is off the charts...

Sinestro reassembles the entire plane with his Green Lantern ring!

The plane is back together, unscratched and fully operable. This is nuts!!
    What kind of power stunt is this? There is no way in hell he can do this. I am a Hal Jordan expert and I have never seen Hal even do this on his best day.

Tell me I am wrong. Right?
    Last edited by Cosmicman; Jul 6, '08, 12:33 PM.
    More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...
  • GreenLantern9999
    GL of Mego Sector
    • Oct 8, 2007

The idea of it is with the proper will power anything is possible. Sinestro has amazing will power and discipline. If he used his power for good our man Hal would have been little more then his side kick which is what makes them so interesting. I mean at one point Kyle made the Flash's time treadmill or what ever because Martain Manhunter beamed the directions into his head. The ring itself has been explained time and time again as only being limited by the wears will power and imagination (and yellow). So I have no problem with Sinestro reversing the blowing apart of the plane.
    Last edited by GreenLantern9999; Jul 7, '08, 9:35 AM.
    No body takes pot shots at Lubic! Good Journey

Comment

• The Toyroom
      The Packaging King
      • Dec 31, 2004

From the Green Lantern Power Ring Owner's Manual:

The emerald energy can be used in a variety of ways, usually it is shaped to form objects of varying degrees of complexity. A basic understanding of the object being created is necessary to give the object form and substance. The more complex an object, the harder the wielder must concentrate. There are virtually no limits to the energy constructs the power ring can create, whether giant green boxing gloves or high tech robotic equipment.
      Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

you're wrong. There I said it.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• kingdom warrior
          OH JES!!
          • Jul 21, 2005

The downside to wearing the ring The Wife knows what Bar you're in....

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

Did they do away with the recharging it every 24 hours deal?
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• GreenLantern9999
              GL of Mego Sector
              • Oct 8, 2007

Originally posted by thunderbolt
              Did they do away with the recharging it every 24 hours deal?
              Not fully did a way with it but it charges more like a phone now it will tell you when it needs a new charge.
              No body takes pot shots at Lubic! Good Journey

Comment

• Cosmicman
                Permanent Member
                • Jul 12, 2005

I think it is funny. Some writers use this "omi" power I call it. It allows the Lanterns to virtually do anything they want with their will power.
                Then you see some writer come aboard and limit them to simple tricks. I am starting to believe it really depends on the writer.

I have to laugh when I look at the classic Alan Scott reprints from the golden age and watch him get the snot beat out of him by thugs with wooden baseball bats. Then you see those retconned books where he is virtually a god back in WWII. Which is it?
                More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

^^^Well, in the Kingdom oneshots there was a scene aboard GL's satellite with a wood detector for new arrivals.

Comment

• The Toyroom
                    The Packaging King
                    • Dec 31, 2004

^ Henh..henh..he said "wood"

Comment

• ThatBatmanGuy
                      Career Member
                      • May 14, 2007

Originally posted by Wrathdemon
                      I think it is funny. Some writers use this "omi" power I call it. It allows the Lanterns to virtually do anything they want with their will power.
                      Then you see some writer come aboard and limit them to simple tricks. I am starting to believe it really depends on the writer.

I have to laugh when I look at the classic Alan Scott reprints from the golden age and watch him get the snot beat out of him by thugs with wooden baseball bats. Then you see those retconned books where he is virtually a god back in WWII. Which is it?
                      I can tell you. It's both. Alan Scott came FIRST. He had no training, so he had to teach himself. He got beat alot in the first years. But he LEARNED how to use the power ring. Also his power ring is NOT like any of the other Green Lanterns. Being derived from a magic power source, his may indeed be the most powerful of all.

Bob

Comment

• The Toyroom
                        The Packaging King
                        • Dec 31, 2004

Wasn't Golden Age GL's power ring derived from the Starheart, which was all of the magic from the Earth-1 Guardians of the Universe, who discarded it to the Earth-2 universe? Talk about dumping your trash on someone else's lawn...

Comment

• ThatBatmanGuy
                          Career Member
                          • May 14, 2007

Originally posted by The Toyroom
                          Wasn't Golden Age GL's power ring derived from the Starheart, which was all of the magic from the Earth-1 Guardians of the Universe, who discarded it to the Earth-2 universe? Talk about dumping your trash on someone else's lawn...
                          Yep, and you don't get more powerful than that. That's the kind of dumping I will take anyday.

Bob

Comment

• misterdroid
                            Banned
                            • Jan 10, 2008

Originally posted by The Toyroom
                            I'll take it! Better than the usual trash dumped on my lawn... empty corona bottles and the occasional busted up pinata.

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎