X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Captain
    Fighting the good fight!
    • Jun 17, 2001

Super Powers

How many of you folks are still following this series, and whats your evaluation so far?

I have been following this series mainly because I really enjoy the Nedor heroes (and the other stalwart characters from other publishers). Ignoring the behind the scenes legal stuff, I have been trying to enjoy the series as a stand alone, but ...and maybe it's just me....it seems there is a lot of things going on that they forgot to tell us about. It's like somethings missing here that I need to know to "get" the whole story? I cant quite put my finger on what it is thats "missing" here, but something just isnt gelling for me.
    "Crayons taste like purple!"
  • Action Martin
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 30, 2007

I purchased the #0 issue and enjoyed it. However I disliked #1 and stopped purchasing it after that. I have a moderate interest in the Nedor characters but it seems like everytime someone tries to update them, it's a big drastic change that isn't neccesary.
    Scott

Comment

• The Toyroom
      The Packaging King
      • Dec 31, 2004

I'm quickly losing interest....the interior art is becoming the problem for me. Obviously when you have it sandwiched between an Alex Ross cover and Alex Ross character sketches in the back it 's going to pale in comparision, but a decent artist should be able to still hold his own as well as my interest. Ain't happening here. It's starting to look a little amateurish and I'm not loving the airbrushing look to the coloring.

It also doesn't help that this series is competing for your "Golden Age" dollar with Avengers/Invaders (also by Ross) and Marvel's The Twelve...and the artwork in both is much superior to SuperPowers.
      Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• aquatroy
        Permanent Member
        • Apr 28, 2002

The illustration is a bit on the dark/muddy side. Makes it hard to know what's going on. It would have been good to know how this world works, too. Police Corps, War in the Middle East. A little heads would have been good. Overall, the book is more about introducting these characters & Dynamite setting up it's own superhero universe then putting out a comprehendable. I'm a sucker for GA characters. I'm sticking around to see how things turn out. Perhaps after all the heavy lifting is done, Dynamite can produce some good stories with these great characters.
        Hey! Check out the pictures.

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

Been with it from the get go. I'm still trying to figure out where the FCBD book falls in the storyline. And yeah, some more exposition, even in text form would have been nice. Nice seeing the Nedor (and other) guys used here better than they have been by AC and Wildstorm.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

My comic shop keeps putting this in my file, it's awful! The dialogue is pure cheese and the storytelling is uneven. Why do I keep buying it?
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• jimbutsu
              Memory *is* RAM!
              • Apr 11, 2002

Someone at Dynamite has a set of those photos you were *soooo suuuure* you destroyed?

You look great in fishnets, by the way.
              "If you take a dog which is starving and feed him and make him prosperous, that dog will not bite you. This is the primary difference between a dog and a man."

- Mark Twain

Comment

• palitoy
                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                • Jun 16, 2001

I'm pretty proud of my gams, so that's not it.
                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎