X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MEMEGO
    Career Member
    • Sep 6, 2007

Batman R.i.p. Part 3

Well part 3 of this tale has come out. I was a bit surprised , that the story has gotten just a bit more interesting, dont get me wrong, By this , I am not saying the tale has really become better. it still has so many holes in it. for instance, nightwing was taken down off panel, and put into Arkham unter a villians id and it being kept drugged up. (Similliar, to what batman did to ra's a guel a few mths back) nightwing should not have been taken down so easy. Robin is still looking for bruce. Bruce is wondering the streets, drugged up on meth and some other drug ( cant recall the name) is saved by the ghost of a junkie, who says, if he helps one person out, then his life would have meanning. p.s. bruce is still comfused by the end of this part. but he knows he is batman the batman of Zur re ahh. He even makes a bat uniform out of some rags that were given to him by the ghost. and the leader of the blk glove hand is noe wearing bruce's dad bat uniform and conducting evil business out of the batcave. alfred is alife, however, we dont know for how much longer. (he is kept tied to a chair and knocked out when we see him)
    next month Joker comes abroad.
    lets see where it leads., so far the web chatter here and on other sites have been mostly right on the money.
    What do you guys think, i want to know.
  • The Bat
    Batman Fanatic
    • Jul 14, 2002

I hadn't read part 3 yet...I guess now I don't have to.
    sigpic

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

I'm thinking I'll wait for all this to pass, and if the end results are okay, I'll pick up the trade.

Nightwing should NEVER be easy to take out. 20 years ago, Deathstroke captured all the high-powered Titans EXCEPT Dick, even though he was in between his Robin and Nightwing identities and had no weapons to fight him with. This is the same Deathstroke who made a laughing stock out of the JLA in Identity Crisis. So, in other words, Dick ain't no pushover. Heck the Wildebeast Society later captured every frickin' Titan who ever existed except...who...Nightwing!

My boy gets no respect.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• The Bat
        Batman Fanatic
        • Jul 14, 2002

I'm with Ya Chris!! Dick Grayson is 2nd...only to Batman in the DC Universe, as My favorite Hero!!
        sigpic

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

I'm with Ya Chris!! Dick Grayson is 2nd...only to Batman in the DC Universe, as My favorite Hero!!
          Amen brother!!!

Dick should be considered the 2nd best at everything if Batman is "the best". He wasn't a screw-up, he was the original Robin, the best, most indespensible of the kid sidekicks. THE leader of the Titans through their best years. Heck, he outdoes Batman in the leadership dept. Writers that like to treat him like like the screw-up son of Batman make me just want to barf. He was never set up that way. And I like Tim Drake, but I don't like it when some creators infer he is a better Robin and a better replacement Batman. Dick is the number one son in my book.

Okay over-reactive fanboy rant off for now.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• Wolverine1969
            Career Member
            • Apr 7, 2005

I think I'll re-read my Batman comics from the 80's.
            It was like that when I got here.

Comment

• twilitezoner
              Veteran Member
              • Nov 18, 2007

Morrison was recently quoted as saying RIP is going to be the biggest thing to happen to Batman in the 70 years the character has existed. Personally I think this pales to Knightfall in epic scale.

Comment

• The Toyroom
                The Packaging King
                • Dec 31, 2004

This issue was the most interesting part so far...and also the one that made the most sense. Similar to his work on "Final Crisis" I don't understand Morrison's slow, confusing build-ups when the story arcs aren't that long (FC is 7 issues and RIP is 6 I believe). I'm still interested in seeing where this goes from here....hopefuly the payoff will be worth it (and not annoying!).
                Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• twilitezoner
                  Veteran Member
                  • Nov 18, 2007

RIP is 6 issues if you don't count the others that are related like Detective and Robin etc. The story better get into high gear if it is going to be resolved by issue 6.

Comment

• bobws
                    Permanent Member
                    • Feb 13, 2008

i was never big on the Bat but i loved robin and even moreso nightwing. he's much better and deserves more respect then he gets for the powers that be.
                    "Hang on Lady... We go for a RIDE!" - Shorty to Willie Scott.Best movie line from Indiana Jones & the Temple Of Doom

Comment

• twilitezoner
                      Veteran Member
                      • Nov 18, 2007

Originally posted by bobws
                      i was never big on the Bat but i loved robin and even moreso nightwing. he's much better and deserves more respect then he gets for the powers that be.
                      That very thing was mentioned on a recent podcast I caught. People forget that Robin was the 3rd character created in the DC universe, even before Wonder Woman.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

Well, looks like he's going to get that respect and get the big promotion. Over at comicbookresources in the new Lying in the Gutters column, Rich Johnston is reporting that Nightwing is getting the Batman gig. His current title will change to Red Robin and feature Jason Todd as that character. Robin's current book will change to Batman and Robin.
                        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• The Toyroom
                          The Packaging King
                          • Dec 31, 2004

I think that sucks...nothing against Dick Grayson and whether he's deserving of the promotion or not...I just don't think it's necessary. Batman IS Bruce Wayne and Bruce Wayne IS Batman, period. I don't view the cape and cowl as something that can be passed on...when Bruce Wayne dies, Batman dies with him IMO.

What's next? Jimmy Olsen as the new Man of Steel?
                          Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• spiderrogue
                            new mego-er
                            • Feb 3, 2008

you all remember what they did with azrael as batman years ago? 'nuff said...

Comment

• madmarva
                              Talkative Member
                              • Jul 7, 2007

I just hope it makes for an interesting story. Bruce will be back at some point, but that whole Azreal storyline back in the 1990s was painful to bear.

It along with the Clone Spidey stories shows the true resiliency of both characters

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎