X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Barbie Plane Wouldn't Fly Today

How far we've come in my lifetime, here we have the Barbie's "Friend Ship" play set. What's Barbie's role on her plane? Stewardess. Something tells me that Ken would be serving the coffee if this play set were released now.
    Mattel recycled this into a Killer play set for Big Jim, I believe Big Josh was the flight attendant on that one.

Visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • megoscott
    Founding Partner
    • Nov 17, 2006

I love that set. A vinyl case triumph. Of course she's the stewardess. That was from the golden age of flight when glamour was still possible. Look at that hat! Fabulous. Sadly, nowadays she'd have to be trained as a ninja and Ken would be an Air Marshall with authority to shoot down the playset.
    This profile is no longer active.

Comment

• toys2cool
      Ultimate Mego Warrior
      • Nov 27, 2006

I found that plane set in a thrift shop like 3 months ago and I kept the Ken
      "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
      My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

I saw it at a flea market yesterday and it inspired this post, these sets (the Jim and Barbie) are kind of iconic to me. Vinyl at it's very best and most creative, a toy I wished I had.
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Marvelmania
          A Ray of Sunshine
          • Jun 17, 2001

I've seen the Big jim set (Sky Commander or something like that) but never the Barbie one. Barbie always got the good stuff!

Comment

• DocDrako
            Formerly Doc Drako
            • Nov 11, 2004

I like it. I'd like to have the Big Jim version, but I'd take the Barbie one too. I think they're cool. And since I like playing with my Megos, they could have a whole adventure in the sky in this thing.

"I prefer to remain an enigma."

DRAKO'S GOOD TRADERS LIST

Comment

• kingdom warrior
              OH JES!!
              • Jul 21, 2005

Yeah that's pretty cool If I were to get one today I'd Transform it into the PLayboy Jet with custom Hugh Hefner and Playboy Bunnies

Comment

• Hulk
                Mayor of Megoville
                • May 10, 2003

Clearly this is a Corporate Jet, since it only has seating room for 4 or so passengers. Any setup like that is going to have male pilots and a buxom "flight attendant" to "service" the customers. Times haven't changed that much.

Now if this were a modern overcrowded Southwest airlines version, it would have Ma Walton and Don as flight attendants, and would come with a slew of passengers with Conan and Thor's facial sculpts. Smirking Myxie would be the pilot too.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎