X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Comic Book Geek
    Stays Crunchy in Milk
    • Aug 2, 2004

Spot a Mego, win a dollar game

We're going to Disney World this week, so we've been trying to go on a lot of walks to get the family used to being on their feet. Each weekend we've gone to a different antique mall in our area as a new place to walk around, and in the process created a new game. Our kids have come to hate antique malls so to make it a little more fun for them we play the spot a Mego win a dollar game.

Yesterday my son won a dollar for a $45 Penguin that was missing his shoes. I gave him every opportunity to notice the damaged ape and even discussed it with him. He wasn't on his A game at that point, but in his defence I don't have any apes. It was a chewed up General Urko head missing lower leg, with a decent Cornelius suit for $4. I figured the suit was worth $4 to someone so I snagged it. If anyone wants it let me know. I have no use for it. it's so rare to find a Mego in an antique mall that isn't $45 I felt oblidged to buy it.
    Evildoers tremble at the name... Aaron
  • toys2cool
    Ultimate Mego Warrior
    • Nov 27, 2006

that's a cool game Aaron,nice pick up for $4 too
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• HardyGirl
      Mego Museum's Poster Girl
      • Apr 3, 2007

I just wish there were antique malls or anyplace else around here to spot Megos and win a dollar. I can't ever find any cool 70s stuff at garage sales or anything.
      "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
      'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
      Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
      If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• MegoNinja
        Career Member
        • Feb 7, 2007

Originally posted by HardyGirl
        I just wish there were antique malls or anyplace else around here to spot Megos and win a dollar. I can't ever find any cool 70s stuff at garage sales or anything.
        tell me about it! i have spent hours at yard sales and flea markets and have NEVER found anything mego EVER!
        I the Monster Hero

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎