X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Action Martin
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 30, 2007

Dynamite acquires the license for The Phantom

Dynamite gets the license to The Phantom.
    Scott
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

Dynamite's really racking up the characters, they got Judge Dredd and Buck Rogers lately, too.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Action Martin
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 30, 2007

Looks like both Moonstone and Dynamite will be publishing Phantom comics.
      New Phantom article
      Scott

Comment

• Captain
        Fighting the good fight!
        • Jun 17, 2001

The article confirms some of the rumors I've heard--Dynamites Phantom is a "re-vamp" of the character. Their Phantom is set in the States (New york the article said...I heard LA previously?). He is also more of a crime fighter than an adventurer type character.

I heard Moonstone was going to stick with business as usual....but the article states they too are re-doing the character?? Although it sounds like the tinkering they are doing will be kept to a minimum.

Will the real Phantom please stand up!
        "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• kingdom warrior
          OH JES!!
          • Jul 21, 2005

Wooo Hooo More Phantom!!!!! Great news for me I can never get enough!

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

In the article about Moonstone, the guy mentions they have the rights to the Avenger. I hope that's the Kenneth Robeson version.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Action Martin
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 30, 2007

Originally posted by thunderbolt
              In the article about Moonstone, the guy mentions they have the rights to the Avenger. I hope that's the Kenneth Robeson version.
              It is but don't get your hopes up. When Moonstone first started up in '00 or '01 they announced that they had the rights to the Avenger. They even had beautiful displays of the old Avenger paperback covers on display at Wizard World Chicago. After about a year of waiting, Moonstone announced they never had the rights to the Avenger. If I recall correctly Moonstone did solicit a prose Avenger book about 5-6 months ago. I don't know if it ever came out.
              Scott

Comment

• aquatroy
                Permanent Member
                • Apr 28, 2002

I'm hoping that Dynamite can get the rights to enough of these "pulp" characters so that they can give them the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen treatment. I think it would be awesome to have a book where Flash Gordon can interact with Doc Savage and the Shadow. Throw in The Phantom and Jane Porter ... I would be all over that.
                Hey! Check out the pictures.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

^^^ Moonstone claims to be doing a crossover with most of its stable next year.

Comment

• Captain
                    Fighting the good fight!
                    • Jun 17, 2001

Originally posted by aquatroy
                    I'm hoping that Dynamite can get the rights to enough of these "pulp" characters so that they can give them the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen treatment. I think it would be awesome to have a book where Flash Gordon can interact with Doc Savage and the Shadow. Throw in The Phantom and Jane Porter ... I would be all over that.
                    ....That sir would be the greatest comics event of all time!!!! Screw Final Crisis and Super Powers...I want to see Doc Savage pummel Ming the Merciless!!

(didnt DC do a Doc Savage/Shadow crossover back in the late eighties/early nineties?)
                    "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

^^^ They did an Avenger/Shadow one too. In the great Helfer/Baker Shadow series.

Comment

• Action Martin
                        Persistent Member
                        • Dec 30, 2007

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                        ^^^ They did an Avenger/Shadow one too. In the great Helfer/Baker Shadow series.
                        Also in DC's 70s Shadow series.
                        Scott

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎